Friday, March 23, 2007

Dollar store yarn and fabric for purse







I went to the dollar store today and I found this yarn. Very pretty colors - now I just have to figure out what to do with it. Also in the picture is some pink fabric I bought at Joann Fabrics. I saw a post on Crochetville.com that someone had crocheted a purse with strips from 2 old jean shirts she had. I really liked the look of it so I'm going to give it a try.




Here's a picture of what I have done so far with the fabric. I stripped it into 1/2" wide strips and am working it in sc. I'm using a "P" hook. Very stiff and tricky to work with - I think I should of washed the fabric before stripping it.


My rag purse is complete - I don't know if I'll try another anytime soon. I'll see.....
(I explain the other purse in another entry)
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Love this purse (and the yarn...for a dollar!!!) don't have the patience to cut all those strips.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookiemom/414533067/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strange material to hook with. I always worked with wool, cotton, never with this kind of things. Furthermore for me hooking has been - since now - a periodical hobby I left and turned back to.
    You made a lot of nice purses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)