Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ladybug's new rug



I made this rug for Ladybug because the old one just smelled plain awful - even vacuuming it with Pet Fresh was no help. I crocheted it with 3 strands of nylon rug yarn using a P hook. It drove me crazy because the strands were all twisted and the only way to get them untwisted was to cut them. I had so many ends to weave in. I had thought that I was going to crochet a rug for Tex but I changed my mind. I'll just have to get him a real rug for his bed.
Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, December 23, 2007

My yarn stash



I was trying to straighten up my craft room today and I thought I'd never, ever say this but I think I have too much yarn. I will not buy anymore until some of this is used. Maybe.
Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Candy jars



I made candy jars for the people at work and for the neighbors. The ones that are complete are for work - I still have to fill the neighbors jars and get them ready. This little project can sure get expensive - I bought about 10 bags of different Hershey's kisses and as you can see I need to buy about 10 more. Thank goodness they're on sale - that helps a little.
Print Friendly and PDF

Dishcloths


Here's a picture of a couple of dishcloths I made for my sister Julie. She likes using them so I decided to make her a couple more. The pattern for these are the first 5 rounds of the round ripple. The last round is just sc. I crocheted these with Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn and an "I" hook.
Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas swaps



I belong to a crochet group and we have had a couple of Christmas swaps. The stocking I received from Terry and the snowflakes came from Yvette, Fran and Jane. Mary Lou even sent me one in my birthday card.
Print Friendly and PDF

Round ripple finally finished!


Well I finally finished my round ripple afghan last night. It is 48" from point to point. The last couple of rounds were a bear. It was crocheted with Red Heart Super Saver in ecru, baby pink and light raspberry and I used an "I" hook.
Print Friendly and PDF