Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scraps!!








I have always (for about 25 years actually) saved my scraps of yarn after a project - I just can't throw them away. After collecting a few, I like to roll them into a ball (this scrap ball weighs 15 ounces) and crochet them into an afghan. It's almost like getting a "free" afghan.
Sometimes I like to separate the dark colors from the light colors and sometimes I don't. This time I didn't, but the last time I made a scrap afghan, I only used the light colors. It came out real pretty. You may remember the round ripple I crocheted the last time I went to the campground - if not, here it is:
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I really need to do this as I have a lot of little bunches of different colors of yarn and I do not want to throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's also fun when you're crocheting with all the different colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty. I love the idea of making them into one ball then you don't have to change colors which is my least favorite part of crocheting-actually its weaving in the ends but you have to do that each time you change colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Momof3. Actually, I don't weave in any ends. I tie the yarn ends together leaving about an inch and just leave them there. I figure it doesn't matter much with a scrap afghan. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)