Saturday, December 12, 2009

Variegated granny blanket

I have finished my variegated granny blanket - it measures about 32" square. Each square was 5 rounds of variegated and then the final round was the joining round in soft white. I enjoyed using this particular joining method - it was very quick and easy. The only problem was that I had about 50 million ends to weave in and no real secure place to weave them. I much prefer having a sc border so all my ends will be secure. To crochet this blanket I used my vast supply of scrap yarn - the only yarn that was purchased was 1 skein of RHSS soft white for the borders.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debi ~ I hope it's OK to go rooting through your older posts. That is what I'm doing a bit of this afternoon. It is so dreary, and I'm on a crochet and housework break, so thought I'd look for some eye candy. Love this blanket of squares. Now I want to do this too! I have a good bit of leftover yarns, even after recently making the granny stripe. And this would be a good project to work on whenever the mood strikes. Thanks for the great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...also wanted to add that it reminds me of a patchwork quilt in crochet form. Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gramma Rita - you can root around all you want. Hope you find other projects that you like. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)