Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Idea ?


I stopped at the Dollar Tree after work today and I bought 5 rolls of Lion Brand Incredible - a ribbon yarn for knitting & crocheting - the color is "blue shades" (the picture at the top). I asked the ladies in my crochet group for ideas of what to crochet with it - I'm thinking maybe a shawl - but I'm not too sure. What do you think?

Wow - I just looked on the Lion Brand website and the Incredible costs $5.99 each. How in the world did the Dollar Tree get ahold of it?
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Hi
    I have made skinny scarfs with the ribbon yarns you can use #10 or 13knitting needles cast on 30 sts and knit in garter st til you knit 69 inches. Just my 2 cents...love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would look knice made into a hat or cloche with a solid colored flower brooch...

    I think they get surplus items/overstocked items because I find name brand food items that I know are expensive at the Dollar General sometimes.

    Can't wait to see what you'll do with your new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for a great find! I've never worked with ribbon yarn before so I can't help. I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a find. Shawl sounds nice if you have enough. Whatever you make will be beautiful. Its very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I neither ever worked with this yarn, but it's great to see. The blue shade color maybe fits better (?) for a shawl, a hat or also a jersey? You're blond, Debi, and this color would fit you also for a jersey, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the ideas ladies - I think I'm going to make either a shawl or a poncho. I'll let ya'll know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)