** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thrift store doilies

On one of my trips to the thrift store, I found these 2 treasures. The pink doily measures 18" across and only cost me $1.90. The white one measures 13" and only cost me .90 cents. Such great deals. What am I going to do with them? I don't know - I think I am going to use them in my crochet room somewhere.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful finds. Sadly, people do realize the treasure in these. Glad they found a home with you. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like the orange-rose one a lot. Selt for such a price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These doilies are just beautiful! What a find! One could never make these at that price. I think the yarn alone would be more than that...I think it's very sad how thread crochet is so underrated. I don't necessarily mean at Thrift shops (because it's expected there) but looking at Etsy and seeing the wonderful thread crochet for sale at such a low price. I'd ruin my eyes if I had to do that for a living!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - it's a shame how crocheted items are undervalued - I've even seen doilies at the Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)