Saturday, July 24, 2010

~ dottie angel blanket update ~

I've been working on my dottie angel blanket - aka the "ordinarily extraordinary blanket" - it's going good so far. I did have a few minutes of "what?" when I was first trying to hook the second strip to the first strip, but I seem to have caught on.

My color blocks are 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" - 24 dc x 14 rows. I'm using a "J" hook. Each section takes about 3/4 oz. of yarn. I'm using scraps and leftovers of 4-ply worsted weight acrylics - no yarn has been purchased for this project - which is good because the Lord knows I don't need to be buying anymore yarn.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Sooo pretty! That is on my list of blankets to do! I found some real nice doilies to attach at my local thrift shop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O sounds a bit tricky joining the stitches to the blocks but it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debie, its coming along so nicely. And using up the scraps, this is so perfect. Its going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow: I like this, for me, new type of blanket very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)