Saturday, August 28, 2010

~ Labor Day candy jars ~



Here's the candy jars I've done up for the G-men (garbage men), the glass men (recycle men) and for my co-workers. I do these every holiday with the crocheted toppers matching the holiday. When I first started doing these some years ago, I got funny looks from my family - they wondered why I was giving candy to the G-men and the glass men. I just think it's a nice idea - they work hard too - think about all the crap that is put out on the road for them to pick up. Heavy things, gross things - they get it all.

I also reap the benefits - they are nice enough to put our trash cans and recycle can over the fence into our yard. Everyone else's is left in the street. :)
Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. ultra cute!
    i think it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet of you. It's amazing how just little things like that can make people happy and feel appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a fine human way to let them feel also appreciated from the side of others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pammy Sue & LiaGovers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a "sweet" idea. So nice that you show your appreciation. Love the jar toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a very thoughtful and lovely thing you do. It's not about the gift either, it's about them knowing you appreciate what they do and everyone wants to be appreciated.

    I almost forgot it's almost Labor Day weekend - my how this summer has flown by. I know I suffer with the heat and humidity, but I do not want to wish my life away, so I try to enjoy something about each day - every day, even if it's just being thankful for my eyesight! (and I made an eye appointment too for next month)... wishing you a wonderful day!
    Doris and Gizzy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there I think that is a wonderful idea and they are just so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is me again, I just have to say that your hooks are absolutely gorgeous how in the world do you make those? If you prefer not to say I understand completely but they are wonderful indeed :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies. I wish a wonderful day to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! :)
    I tagged you here: http://michelechastain.blogspot.com/2010/08/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)