Friday, December 24, 2010

~ Scrappy, scrap, scrap ~


Time to roll more scrap yarn - this one will be a scrappy granny.  I enjoy winding the yarn tidbits into a ready-to-crochet yarn cake - about as much as crocheting with it.  All the colors of the rainbow in one.  (this scrap yarn cake weighs 9 oz.)  :)

P.S.  I have a U-nitt TH7065 yarn winder.  I bought it on Ebay a little while back.  If you use a yarn winder to wind your scraps together, start with the smallest scrap - if you hand roll your scraps together, start with the largest scrap.  :) 
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that expression "scarp yarn cake" but I like it ;-) I'm not a big fan of winding yarn, but we can't all like the same thing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi,

    I'm just whipping up a granny too! I am trying to use up lots of the little bits I have in my stash along with some of the black which is so hard to see.

    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you wind your yarn, if I may ask? I have tons to wind, but don't know the best way. do you have a yarn winder thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard the scraps cakes referred to as "magic balls." I guess because you never know how it's going to look until you're finished???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - they're both the same. I've also heard (read) somewhere that some people start rolling the yarn with a small item at the very beginning. A great idea if you're giving the yarn away as a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! I have never heard of this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)