Friday, January 21, 2011

~ 2 worthy causes ~

 Over on my right side-bar, you will find links to 2 very worthy causes. "SIBOL" and "Crochet a Rainbow".

"SIBOL" - which stands for Sunshine International Blankets Of Love - is Ms. Sue's baby.  She accepts 6" granny squares from all over the world to assemble (which she does beautifully) and then present to nursing home residents in honor of her grandmother. To date she has created 50 blankets.

"Crochet a Rainbow" is the brand new baby of Sarah.  She's accepting 5 1/2" granny squares from all over the world to assemble and then donate to the victims of the floods in Australia.

A little bit of our time will go a long way in comforting those who need it the most. :)
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Debi for the reminder and the links. I just recently started reading the SIBOL blog, I need to look further into her requirements. (I think she likes specific squares for her different blankets?) I haven't read a lot about Crochet Rainbow, but understand it's for a worthy cause helping out the flood victims in Australia. Thank you and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I was familiar with Crochet a Rainbow but didn't know about SIBOL. Both good causes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both great. There is a drop box at the Michael's here for Warm Up America, which assembles and donates blankets also. They have to be 7"x9" pieces... I wish they accepted granny squares--they're much more fun to make! I try to do a some pieces for it between my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really worthy causes indeed. And you're so right - what could be better than doing something good for someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful causes, thanks for sharing....

    I also want to thank you for leaving me such a wonderfully encouraging and supportive comment on my blog (on "An Extremely Personal Post). It really means so much to me.

    Much love,
    ♥Anita
    Smile; it the second best thing one can do with one's lips. --Author Unknown
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Debi for the kind words on SIBOL. Anyone visiting your blog is most welcome to join us in SIBOL Land. I appreciate the links thanks very much!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ladies definitely are to be commended.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)