** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Monday, January 31, 2011

~ the kindness of crocheters... ~

...never cease to amaze me.  We crochet squares, hats, scarves, and blankets to donate so those in need can feel the warmth and comfort of someone who cares.  We crochet for others before we crochet for ourselves.  We share our patterns.  Makes me smile.  :)

I've also had the pleasure of making a new friend from the crochet blogging community.  Her name is Michele and she has so graciously sent me a large bag full of novelty yarns to play with.  (I have ideas floating around my head already.)  She didn't know me from Adam but she decided to share - such a lovely surprise.  Has me thinking that maybe I'll surprise someone too.   

     
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. That is a really lovely surprise. This blogging land is pretty awesome. Have fun with your new stash x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi,
    I'm smiling with you. What a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice surprise!!! Isn't it great when something like this happens?? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, I'm a firm believer that what goes around comes around. This is proof of that. You are extremly generous with your time and talent. Using both of those you've helped many people affiliated with Sibol and Crochet a Rainbow. I love when nice things happen to nice people!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it was a great surprise ladies - I loved it.

    Thank you so much for your kind words Nicole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great surprise. Crocheters are awesome people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Karma can be such an amazing thing and comes usually in times of deepest need. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! This is truly fun yarn and there's always something you can crochet to cheer someone up or keep someone warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful surprise and isn't Michelle a lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was very sweet of her. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, A lovely thing to do ... can't wait to see what you decide to make :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a sweet surprise! Happy hooking! My boys tease me about blogging too. I got a good chuckle out of you kicking your son's butt. HA! Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)