** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Monday, February 21, 2011

~ dly's Baby Blankies ~

After I saw ~Niki's~ post about a pretty little blanket she crocheted for "God's Tiny Angel's", I thought to myself how nice that was.  So I decided to do something too.  I'm going to crochet little blankies (most likely around 24") and give them locally to Prince George's Hospital.  

I have quite a bit of yarn - I always seem to find great deals at the thrift store - and a little bit of time so I'm going to do it.  

I'm going to have little cards made up and attached to each blankie: 

~dly's baby blankies~ 
~just a little hug~ 

~machine wash & dry~  

I'm getting excited just thinking about it.  Wish me luck.  :)

Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. What a great thing to do for others, can't wait to see your darling little blankets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea Debi, looking forward to seeing your baby blankets, I'm sure they will be appreciated and well received. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so much fun to do... I made a bunch of baby caps awhile back and donated them to one of the local hospitals and the nurses told me the new moms just loved them. You will so enjoy doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet gesture!!Can't wait to see your little blankies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these days I'd like to do something similar to this. Recently, my niece "lost" conjoined twins, and the blanket they were given at the hospital is very special to the mommy and daddy. Oh, and itty bitty hats too. She was only about 1/2 way along in her pregnancy, so the babies were so very tiny, but the hospital even had itty bitty hats for them. Somebody out there took the time to make and donate such things, and now I want to be that person. I see how it has touched many lives firsthand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great project and I do wish you luck - can't wait to see some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debi how wonderful, what a great thing to do. I'll wish you luck but I'm sure you don't need it, when you do from the heart all is well. I think you are inspiring a lot of us to do this as well. Thank you for posting. Looking forward to seeing your blankies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies. :)

    Sorry for your loss Gramma Rita. (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a nice thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi: I also like that blanket...I have made before I think its this one.


    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/block-stitch-blanket

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a thoughtfull person.I think this is a wonderful idea! My newphew ( who just turned 1) was in the NICU for the first month of his life and he received the little caps along with a lovely blanket. It is extremly touching to know that someone cares enough to donate their time and talent for people in need. I don't know about time, but you surely have the talent :) Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Neicee - I might try one of these blankies for my project. :)

    Thank you Nicole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't realized you were local; I'm in PG County. My crochet group donated hats and booties to the Pregnancy Center in Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Verdi - small world isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful cause and it feels good making things like this for such innocent little babies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)