Tuesday, February 15, 2011

~ new crochet book ~

I ordered this book about 2 weeks ago and received it today.  Not too bad considering it came all the way from Japan. 

I ordered it from a seller on Ebay whose seller id is 'bookstoron'.  I've ordered from this seller before and have had no problems whatsoever.  I highly recommend her (or him - I'm not too sure - the name is Hitoshi).  I also received a nice surprise in my order - an origami crane made with pretty paper.  I will collect them to make a mobile.

If you'd like to check out what bookstoron has to offer - here is a link:

http://crafts.shop.ebay.com/Crocheting-Knitting-/3094/i.html?rt=nc&Craft%2520Type=Crochet&_catref=1&_dmpt=US_Crocheting_Knitting_Patterns&_fln=1&_ssn=bookstoron&_ssov=1&_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. As long as the directions are in English ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Doris - the directions are in Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms.Debi! I have seen several of these books, especially for bags, I LOVE BAGS, but I've never bought them because I can't read Japanese. What do you do? Just follow a chart? Is it hard?
    Thanks, hope you have a great day! Take care!
    ohhh..btw..silly me thought you were in AZ, not Bowie MD...your not far from me at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole - the books have charts instead of written patterns. I'm just learning and so far have only done a couple patterns. I picked easy, flat ones to work. :)

    P.S. We drive thru PA when we go to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a bookstore in Japantown here that has great-looking crochet pattern books but I'm intimidated trying to work off of charts instead of written instructions. I definitely work best from words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me know, I can't wait to see your work from this book, the bag is so cute!
    Canada! oh my, so far away!I live 5 minutes from the Maryland border, touches Hagerstown and about 45 minutes from Frederick. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)