Thursday, April 21, 2011

~ baby blankie #9 ~



Finished this little baby blankie last night.  I used the recycled yarn I told ya'll about in this post .  For the blankie, I started out with a 'fiori esagano' and added a (dc, ch 1, skip next dc) rnd.  Then I just repeated the 3 solid dc rnds with the mesh rnd.  It measures 27" side to side.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~

**A thought on recycling yarn:

You may remember when I bought the scarf at the thrift store to recycle the variegated pink yarn. The scarf looked brand new - never worn or washed. Well - the yarn itself wasn't all that nice to work with - it must of been an old Sayelle. Definitely a difference in the quality from the yarns of today - kind of scratchy with thin spots. I'm not too sure that I will give this little blankie to the hospital - I might keep it for a lapghan. The little bit of scratchy-ness won't bother me.  I believe I'll check out the yarn a little better next time before buying something to recycle.
Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty Debi, I love the hexagon shape; perfect for a little baby. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful work. This looks so pretty and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I do remember this yarn, beautiful colors. This is my favorite one so far! If I dont talk to you before I hope you have a great Holiday weekend! xxx Take care!(thanks for everything!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty..Glad to hear that you recycled the yarn..nice job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi, this is a WOW! I love this, love the yarn. Gorgeous work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi I love your work in the blanket, the pink is so pretty , and I may have to make another of the same .. You inspire me :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful...all the blanket that you make are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blanket is absolutely beautiful. I love the looks of the mesh rows mixed in with the solid rows, then with the way each corner gives a "mesh" hole as well it just adds so much to the overall look, in my opinion. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)