** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Saturday, May 21, 2011

~ a few things ~

*  On my hooks:
     - 'ripples and shells' baby blankie
     - 'grannyin' around' baby blankie
     - 'round in circles' blanket
     - a scrappy round ripple
     - flower coasters

~~~~~

I can't wait to be here again:

     - this is me sitting on the porch of our trailer at the campground a couple of summers ago - this is my crocheting corner:



This is our trailer:



~~~~~

While waiting for J's bus yesterday I witnessed a car accident.  A lady (who was obviously not paying attention) ran into the back of another lady who was waiting to make a turn onto the side street where I was.  What a horrendous crash.  Both cars (in my opinion) were totalled.  The amazing thing is that neither lady was hurt - just shook up.

~~~~~

My husband and I bought a KitchenAid Classic mixer - cool machine.

~~~~~

Within the next 3 weeks, I will be losing my job.  They want me to start making phone calls again and with me watching the grandkids I won't be able to do that.  But it's ok - when school starts back up after the summer I'll find another job.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Like me you've got lots of projects going on. I can't work on just one thing. I have to work on half a dozen at a time (or more).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you and Bev. I have 3 "active" projects right now. Sewing squares together for my afghan, weaving the ends in on a baby blanket and a scarf. You can say we're crochet multi-taskers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debi, sounds like you are busy, with lots of fun projects. Sorry to hear about your job, I know you find something at the right time. Hope you are having a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debi.. My gosh, it sounds like you're really working those crochet hooks of your!.. I loved your pretty flower coasters! I was thinking I should make some myself, and the hot weather's going to demand that I DO very soon!.. Camp sounds wonderful, and I hope you're enjoying your time there! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see I am not the only one with yarn on my hook :))
    Camping trip is what we need. I miss not travelling at the moment, There is something about a camping ground that washes away the cobwebs :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you sound very busy - good that you can watch the grandkids instead of having to work. Were you called as a witness to the accident? I'm glad both ladies were ok too!

    Crocheting is wonderful. It really has been a blessing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies - it does seem like I always have a few projects going at once. :)

    I enjoy the campground very much - we don't get to go very often though.

    Doris - I didn't give my name to anyone so I won't be called. The at-fault lady knew it was her fault so I don't think there will be any problem. I just hope she has good insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Debi I love the trailer. What a great place to hang out and do your thing. Enjoy the summer before hitting the job search. Time will fly before you know it. Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debi,
    Love the trailer. I've tried to talk my husband into leaving our RV at one campground so it would be easier to pick up and go but he won't do that. Love all your crochet projects--I need to make a list of mine and get busy on them too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)