Thursday, May 5, 2011

~ glass gems ~

When I saw 'this post' this morning, it reminded me of a favorite craft I used to do around about 4 or 5 years ago.  I used to sell sets of these glass gems on Ebay along with my crochet hooks, but of course, it didn't go too well.  

I printed out pictures of my crochet projects that I have posted on my blog and crafted these glass gems.  These gems are the larger ones - they measure around 1" to 1 1/4" and I bought them at the Dollar Tree.  The rectangle gem is a microscope slide.  Now all I have to do is get some heavy duty magnets.  I'm thinking I might take a few to work to attach to my file cabinets.  

This craft is a quick and easy craft to do.  It's fun too.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Debi! I am forever learning something new from you! These are beautiful! I'd love to try some with pics of my kids and my niece and nephews. Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're certainly one of a kind. I think they're cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)