Wednesday, May 4, 2011

~ who's heard of... ~

...Fruit of the Loom yarn?  I've been crocheting for around 29 years and I've never heard of it.  On my last trip to the thrift store I bought a few small bags of yarn and this skein was included in one of the bags.  It's a 4 ounce skein of 100% acrylic.  There is a price tag on it and the price is $1.36 - the store name is Dart.  The feel is like Red Heart - I'm hoping that it will soften in the dryer (like Red Heart does) after I crochet a couple of squares with it.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. I've only every heard of their tee shirts - who knew they did yarn?! I didn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When growing up in Idaho our local Ben Franklin store carried it. I haven't seen it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a new one for me, never heard of Fruit of the Loom yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it either. Let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of it before. I hope it works up nicely for you. Have a nice evening Debi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me too, but I sure do love that shade of pink! And we all know how much you love your "pink" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of it or Dart. I love the color though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun thrift store find. I have never managed to find yarn at any thrift store here. But no, like everyone else, I haven't heard of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got some of this yarn at (I think) a yard sale,in a bag of yarn. The color I have is a dark brown. It would be nice if I could find some more. Oh,and I have a question for you. This post made me think of this yarn I also got,and I think the name of the yarn is Jack Frost. I was wondering,if you have ever heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the info Bev. :)

    Hi windtea - I've heard of Jack Frost - it's an older yarn that's been discontinued for awhile. You might be able to find some on Ebay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)