Sunday, June 26, 2011

~ aannnnddd we're back ~

We're back from vacation.  Me, Vince, Bobby, William and James went to our campsite in Virginia.  Loved being there - very relaxing just to sit on the porch of the trailer and crochet.  :)

Here's the front of our campsite:


here's the back of our trailer - the first bump-out is in the living room.  The second bump-out is in the bedroom.  :


And here's me crocheting away in my crochet corner:


This is the bath-house that is right across the little dirt road.  It's very nice - except for the spiders that hang out in the doorway at night.  I have to get Vince to spray bug killer around to keep them away.

 
My sister Teri's trailer - she's got a very nice lot.


My sister Julie's trailer - she has a very nice lot too.


My nephew Donnie (Teri's son) bought a new lot - also very nice.  He sold his first trailer to my brother-in-law Frankie's Dad.  :


This is the pool.  The guys went swimming every day. :



William and Vince went fishing - they didn't catch anything but look at that view:



Vince - the man with the nerves of steel - let James drive the golfcart.  He's so crazy.  :)


This is James during one of his behaving moments.  There wasn't too many of those.


And finally - these are my crochet projects that I worked on.  I crocheted a small granny purse to carry around just the basic stuff - ID, camera, phone, and such.  I crocheted another granny bottle cozy - some flower coasters - some circles for my 'round in circles' blanket that I've been working on for ages - some hexagons - and a scrappy hexagon.  That's my William holding it up for me.  Love it.  :)


Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area -- I'm sure it was very relaxing and sounds like you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Debi,

    I am so happy that you're back!
    Unfortunately, I had no opportunity to respond to your last post ... but now you're back here and that's just great!
    Wonderful photos and I think that you had a wonderful time!
    I wish you and your loved ones a beautiful Sunday and sending you many Greetings,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. The campground looks like a really nice one. :) Glad you had a nice, relaxing time, and got lots of crocheting done. Love everything...especially your scrappy hexagon! Also wanted to tell you I love the dress you're wearing in that picture. It looks so cool and comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debi! Honestly, this looks like the perfect vacation to me! I had John look at the pictures as well, he's American and that's just HIS way of life - we both can't wait to visit his family again next year.

    And - you also had time for your wonderful crochet, looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debi! My gosh you have been busy! But your campsite looks wonderful! I'm glad to hear you had such a nice vacation.. Are you happy to be back home, or do you wish you were BACK there?! It's been a while since I've been camping, but I remember it was great.. and away from all the city noise we get here, it was definitely relaxing! I remember just looking at the moon over the lake, from the screened in porch at sat at, well into the wee hours of the morning, and it was beautiful.. I didn't WANT to go to bed. I just wanted to sit there, just looking at the moon ALL NIGHT! Wish I could have taken, or even painted a picture of it.. Well, I hope your enjoying your weekend! We've been getting lots of rain, but it's supposed to clear up soon! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so relaxing! Love the scrappy blanket and glad to see that the blog is back. Hope it's a source of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you're back and having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so fun! Your Little James is a doll... looks a lot like my youngest. Glad you're baaaack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies. :)

    Beansieleigh - it's a very relaxing place - I love it.

    Thanks Rita - I bought that dress specifically for the campground.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that explains it LOl... no wonder you didn't want to come back, what a fabulous place for a R&R..
    And lots of crochet to boot :)) Great to see you back .:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. Looks like a great vacation. That's my idea of relaxation! I was looking your little flower square the other day. I'll make sure I save it this time. All I had saved was a picture of it. DUH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good to have you back. That looks like a beautiful place to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hex photo.... I thought at first it was an umbrella.
    Enjoy the P&Q.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loads of lovely things! I love the big hexagon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debi, I glad you're back!! I love seeing all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a wonderful vacation Debi. That's nice that you have family there to share in your vacation time, but you each have your respective places for privacy. Looks like a beautiful area. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)