Tuesday, July 5, 2011

~ on my hooks ~


I'm working on a few things at the moment:

- a round granny blankie (in RHSS 'monet')
- a hexagon blankie (in sparkley yarns)
- an 18 point round ripple (in spring variegated colors)

About the round ripple yarn - I went to AC Moore on Saturday to get some green, purple and orange yarn for the TMNT Bottle covers, so as I'm walking down the main aisle I come to this big rectangle box that has the mill-end bags of yarns. There are different yarns so I always look through there. There is a young girl and her husband standing on the right side of the box and I come up on the left side. She is holding a bag of variegated pink cotton yarn and looking down to her right. I pick up a bag of pretty variegated spring colors (acrylic) - look at it for a second and then put it in my basket. The girl looks up at me, looks at her husband, huffs a little bit, drops the bag she was holding back down in the box and stomps away. What the? I certainly did nothing wrong. The only thing I can figure is that maybe she wanted the yarn I picked up. Well then - she should of had it in her hand or in her basket. It was also a good 2 feet away from her so it's not like I reached over by her to pick it up. What a wierdo.   
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Wish we had some place to buy mill ends are here. With age comes wisdom and you learn to put things in your cart while you contemplate buying them or not :). Sounds like you have a few big projects in the works. I've been rather "pokey" with my latest. I need to get motivated. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story made me laugh Debi. :-) What's the saying "possession is 9/10 of the law"? She wasn't holding it, so it was up for grabs! Your projects all sound great, looking forward to watching them progress. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful wool we dont get anything like that where i live in the uk i love how it turns out when crochet

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't know better, I'd say the woman in the store was my colleague :) I've never seen her in a good mood (except when she can bully someone). That behavior in the store is exactly what she would do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird girl. If she wanted one yarn why she picked up the other and waited until someone grabs the yarn she wanted? We'll never know. And does it really matter since you got what you wanted?
    Good luck with all your projects! That must be awesome to have several wips. I can only knit one sock at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh is there a pattern for the 18 point round ripple? It's very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LizzieK8 - the 18 pt round ripple is copied from angelfire's regular round ripple - I added an extra increase round and then changed a couple things. I didn't write out a pattern for it - just notes. I'll post it on the March 4th post '2nd baby blankie'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look up what mill end yarn is. Learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful yarn :)) looks so fresh :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your crochet hooks can you tell me what brand they are.They are beautiful.I have problems with my hands and the handle of yours looks like it is very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm... I thought I commented on this post,but I guess not. I was having some trouble with my account yesterday... Anyway, THANKS for sharing this!!! I am always spending too much money on "comfortable" crochet hooks, when I could just make my own cute, customized hooks! THANK YOU THANK YOU <3 And thanks for stopping on my blog. I am SO excited to be in the Giant Granny Group. I have never done anything like that before :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, love the pile of hexagons you have there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)