Friday, August 12, 2011

~ giant granny crochet-a-long finished ~

* A couple things first - I have added a print icon at the bottom of my posts.  When you want to print out a post, just click on 'printable version'.  I thought that that would be easy if you ever want to print out a pattern.  Thanks to LizzieK8 and Heather for pointing me to the Joliprint site.  :)

* A question about Pinterest - how long does it take to get an invite?  I signed up about 2 weeks ago and still have not got an email from it. 

Now for my giant granny:


It looks nice just sitting there, but I have to tell you that it leans to the left.  Like the 'Leaning Tower of Pisa'.  I didn't really notice until I had about 1/2 the side stripes done.  Adding the sc border helped it straighten up a little.  If I ever do this kind of granny again I will make sure that I turn my work after each stripe.  

The yarns I used are the usual various brands - all acrylic - and it measures 36" x 56".  :)

P.S.  The bike belongs to my Vince.  It's a Kawasaki KLR650 - combination dirt/road bike - he can ride that thing anywhere.    
Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. Love your granny stripe! I just recently signed up with Pinterest and it only took a day or two to get my invite. I haven't done much with it because i'm still learning how to use it. It's not as easy as Flickr was..at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks wonderful! Great job! That printable version button is really helpful! Thanks! Grace Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a very special and unique version of a giant granny, I like it! :)

    The print button is a good idea! Maybe you should also think about making an extra page with links to your patterns? You know, not an extra blog, but a new page that will appear as a tab just below the header of your blog (something like "my patterns" for example). It's a pity that all your patterns get lost in the archive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. :)

    Barbara - I've added my 'labels' over on the right side-bar. Click on any one of the labels and it will bring up all posts with that label. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you granny square + granny stripes!!I got an invite from Pinterest in 2 days. But have not started using it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Granny. I don't know a thing about pinterest..whatever that is..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!! But I am completely smitten with the bike ;-)
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one fabulous blanket, and unusual as well. I'd better not let Mr.T see it or he'll be off on a blanket next.
    The bikes pretty good too....
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Love all the pretty colors you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too have never received my e-mail from Pinterest. Never mind the fact that your 'granny' is not straight. No one would know if you didn't tell them. I constantly have to show my family which side is the right side and which is the wrong side :-) Joliprint has save me a lot of ink and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's a very lovely blanket. something dufferent, with the square and the stripes. just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blanket looks great.

    I don't know if it makes a difference in the speediness of signing up for Pinterest or not but I just sent you an invite from my Pinterest account. Might help?

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's a big blanket. It's absolutely beautiful.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY finally I've seen someone else make mention of turning your work to stop it from leaning to the left....I've told sooooo many people how to stop it from happening but you're the first 'other' person I've seen mention it, so well done!

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)