** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Sunday, September 25, 2011

~ a request ~

I love sharing my patterns with everyone, but if you borrow a picture or re-post my pattern to another site - I would very much appreciate a quick comment to let me know. 

I really don't mind it - I think it's great that you like my patterns - I'd just like to know so I can go to your blog and check it out.  Thanks so much.   :)
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree and understand. I try to ensure that the original post is mentioned. If I have used one of your or anybody else's patterns and did not acknowledge your site, I apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Charlotte - it's not you. I came across a blog this morning that has my preemie wiggles blankie pattern (with my pictures) posted on her blog. She does have a link to my blog but still, a comment from her would of been nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are generous to share, I don't think letting you know that she is going to use your pattern/picture on her blog is asking to much. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fair request. I think I forget to do this myself sometimes. I track linkbacks to my own site so I typically see when people have shared something somewhere else and I forget that not everyone does that or would know that I've linked to them. Although I would certainly ask before sharing someone's whole pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand but You wrote here on your blog:

    You are more than welcome to use them as you wish - just don't sell the pattern or claim them as your own.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea - everything is ok. I am glad that you like my blankie pattern. If you leave me a quick comment next time then I can come visit your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Debi. Got it. Next time I will let you know.
    People like your patterns in Hungary too just cant understand. Someone asked me to translate and it was very quick I published immediately without asking you. Usually I do ask. Now you found out...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)