Sunday, October 9, 2011

~ Good morning everyone ~

We're back from our vacation to Canada - we had a great time visiting Vince's family.  Vince and I drove through Pennsylvania (we always get a picture of the York barbell man) -



I started my scrappy round ripple.


We decided to stop in Watertown, NY for the evening - we ate dinner and then relaxed in a Comfort Inn.  (Sorry for the terrible picture - there really wasn't much light.)


Started our morning by driving the rest of the way through New York.
 

The border crossing to Canada:


Who wants to live here?


Still working on my scrappy round ripple.


Driving on the 401.  Don't let the pretty sky fool you - it was cold outside. 


I tried to get Vince to pull this fudge truck over, but he wouldn't do it.  Darn.


As the lady on the GPS says "You have reached your destination".  This is my SIL Janet's house.


This is my in-laws living room - their condo is on the 10th floor.  I really wish I could of taken a better picture.  In the picture is Vince and his sister Joanne.


We went to 'Craftworks' - crafty-type stuff on the 1st floor and antique-type stuff in the basement.

I bought a skein of alpaca yarn - I plan on crocheting a scarf with it.


We had dinner at "East Side Mario's' - a New York style restaraunt.

 

 

We also visited my BIL Rui's farm.  Take a gander at his dog Briggs - he's huge.  It's a little unnerving when he stares at you, but he's really a gentle giant.


This is my neice Chelsea - along with Briggs and Murphy (Janet's little dog).
  Our visit went by too fast.  We had a great time and wish we could of stayed a little longer.

On the way home we stayed at a Comfort Inn in West Hazelton, PA.  Here's one last shot of the s.r.r.

 
Print Friendly and PDF

19 comments:

  1. What a nice pictures! I believe you had a nice vacation. But even when you go away for three weeks, it´s always too short ;-)
    Nice too see you back in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! Thank for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had lots of fun! Did you miss us? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The alpaca yarn looks super yummy. And your ripple looks great. You always have great fun with scrappy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Debi! Sounds like you had a nice trip. Your scrappy RR is gorgeous; you always put your colors together so prettily. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed at how much you got done of your round ripple AND managed to fit all those other exciting things in to your holiday. Sounds like you had a lovely time. By the way, the colours in your srr look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that ripple! Such pretty colours. I can't believe how much you got done. You must be really fast.

    I loved seeing your pictures from your trip, it's great to see these places. Looks like you had an amazing time.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debi - Welcome home!!! I missed your blog, but so glad that you had a good trip! Really enjoyed your pictures - thanks so much for sharing with us!

    Mary Lou M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, i stumbled on your blog one day a couple wks ago and u keep me interested in your projects. and of course i was waiting for your returns to see what the srr looked like, nice pics of the trip btw also. is it hard to do a blog? think i would like to start one so i could also share some of my projects also but i am not sure what to do. elaine b.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ladies. We had a great time but it's always nice to come home.

    Yes, I missed you all Barbara. :)

    Elaine B. - it's very easy and fun to do a blog. Sign up for Blogger and it will take you step by step to create a blog. If you ever need any help - you can always leave me a comment and I'll help you as best as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting trip! I would love to visit Craftworks! Nice dog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I forgot to ask in my above comment, is the round ripple your own pattern or are you using someone else's pattern? I just started my first round ripple a couple days ago and it almost looks like the same pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. littleorphanskein - the round ripple I love to use is a pattern from Angelfire. The link to it is over on the right sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The round ripple blanket is lovely. I've always loved your ripple blankets so I've started one myself. It's been a very fun pattern to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a wonderful time, that puppy is just too cute and I can't believe how much you have gotten done of your scrappy blanket it looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debi. Y. it is the same round ripple pattern I'm using then!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a cute crochet hook, pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm fan of your scrappy round ripple! I may try a day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)