Friday, December 2, 2011

~miscellaneous stuff ~

I've brought my Christmas decorations down from the attic, so today and the next couple of days will be spent decorating.  This is kind of early for me this year - I usually wait until the middle of December - but all the commercials I've been seeing has me kind of in the spirit.  Speaking of commercials - am I the only one a little weirded out by that crazy Target lady? 

Erica asked me to crochet her a red hat just like the hat I crocheted for her (I think) last year.  I used Vanna's Choice in 'scarlet'.  I photographed the hat on Missy because I haven't given it to Erica yet - maybe I can get a better picture on her.

The pattern is posted here:  http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2009/12/ericas-hat.html


I've finished the 10 granny squares I am swapping with my blogging friends.  Hopefully I'll be able to get them in the mail within the next few days.  p.s.  Madeleine and Grace Ann - can you email me with your mailing address please?  My email is dlyrs@juno.com


I've also gone back to working on my 'round in circles' blanket.  I've been missing it.  Everything else will be on hold for a little while.  :)


To Susanne -

~~The ch 2's do not count as a st.~~

Rnd 1: Ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join with a sl st to 1st dc. (12 dc)

Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around. Join as before. (24 dc)

Rnd 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in 1st dc, dc in next dc. *2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before. End off.

For the joining border, I use the flat braid method. The link to that is on the right sidebar.

The circles are connected by 4 loops on each side.

Print Friendly and PDF

19 comments:

  1. The hat looks nice and warm. I love the blanket you're making. Your blog is looking nice and festive too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that hat! And can't wait to see your circle blanky done. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Debi, I like the new holidays design on your blog!
    I've started (and finished) decorating for Christmas yesterday, I don't have that much stuff - mainly because somehow I'm not very good at decorating, the harder I try, the more chaotic it looks :) - I've decided to keep it simple in our apartment although I truely LOVE well decorated houses. Have fun, and maybe you'll show us some pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debi..The Target Lady weirds me out. I think I want to go to target and act like the target lady..I think they would haul me away..Love the red hat and the circle blanket..your blankets are always so beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy Debi. I really like the hat you made for your daughter. Pretty Christmas background on your blog too. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! The Target lady definitely creeps me out. The other commercials I don't like are the Best Buy where the women buy all the stuff and then mock Santa. I mean, who mocks Santa?! I'll climb down off my soap box now! lol

    Love your projects, as always. I'm always inspired and your projects are always beautiful.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies. :)

    Barbara - simple is good. I used to decorate alot more when my kids were younger, but now I just decorate simply too.

    Julie - yeah, I don't much like that commercial either. That lady isn't very nice to Santa - I bet she doesn't get anything for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hat! Great colour. I am getting into the Christmas spirit too... ho ho ho!

    Your circles blanket looks fab too, how clever!!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the circles blanket. Can't wait to see it finished!

    The Target lady is creepy! I keep worrying that I'll have nightmares of her. /shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Debi,

    oh I love this red hat ... the pattern looks very nice but also complicated (just for me, i think). Is it hard to crochet?
    Your blanket is gorgeous ... and you have selected beautiful colors. Can´t wait to see your finish blanket.

    I send you many greetings and wish you and your family a nice 2nd Advent,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ladies. :)

    Thank you Marion - the hat is very easy to crochet. I have the pattern posted on Dec. 21, 2009 - it's called 'Erica's hat'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey i wanted to let you know doller tree got in yarn you might want chek yours - jaz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks jaz - I'll definately have to check that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hat is gorgeous, especially like the color! Your rounds ghan is great, I really have to get my act together and get my projects caught up so I can get these new projects into my living room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Debi, I love that round circle blanket you are working on. I should be kicking myself but do you have a pattern for it? Just what I need is another project to make. I love anything that uses up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks glor and Susanne. :)

    Susanne - there isn't a written pattern, but all you do is:

    ~~The ch 2's do not count as a st.

    Rnd 1: Ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join with a sl st to 1st dc. (12 dc)

    Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around. Join as before. (24 dc)

    Rnd 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in 1st dc, dc in next dc. *2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before. End off.

    For the joining border, I use the flat braid method. The link to that is on the right sidebar.

    The circles are connected by 4 loops on each side.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for posting the patten for that red hat you made. I love the way it looks and can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that circles blanket Debi, the colours are just so pretty! Love the hat as well, looks lovely and warm!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Debi. I plan to make myself one after all this holiday craziness is over. We were in Cleveland these past couple of days or I would have thanked you sooner. Just now visited your blog and taking a peek at what is new with you.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)