Monday, December 12, 2011

~ our Christmas tree ~

This spiral tree is by far, the easiest and quickest way to put up a tree.  No more fussing and fueding about who's going to put the tree together or who's going to put on the lights.  Lift up, insert the pole and voila - a tree to decorate and make pretty. 

This manger scene is one I created years and years ago - 25 to be exact (I just went and looked at the bottom of one of the pieces).  I bought the set in it's 'green' state - cleaned it and had it fired - and then painted each one with the tiniest paint brush I could find.  It's a good thing my eyes were much better back then.  (The little shelter is 3 1/2" tall and baby Jesus is 1 1/4" long.)   
Here are a few of my favorite ornaments.  A popsicle stick star with Ya-ya spelled out with letter beads that my grandson William crafted for me in 2008.
A Santa face that my husband's Grandma crocheted and sent to me in a Christmas card years and years ago.  It's always right out front where everyone can see it. 
A Grinch ornament that Erica gave to her Dad in 1998.  "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" is my husbands favorite Christmas show.
  And here we have a Washington Redskins ornament - I should just open the front door and throw this out in the yard.  Jeez - this team stinks.  I think they're like 9 - 3 now.  I keep telling Vince that I'm going to send them an email telling them that me and my sisters, and even my Mom, can do better.  They probably wouldn't like that.  :)
Merry Christmas to all.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Hola. Un árbol muy bonito de navidad¡¡
    Un saludo y feliz navidad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your Christmas decorations and special memories! I think your tree is one of the most creative, yet simple (and therefore elegant) things I've ever seen. Have a very Merry Christmas!
    ~ t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....dang Redskins anyways. Love your tree. I like simple and this definitely fits that bill huh? I really love the crocheted Santa. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally cracking up at your Redskins comment! :-) funny cause it's true indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Debi,
    I like the Christmas tree very much, he's totally fascinating for me.
    Wonderful idea and I like the memories that you associate with the Christmas decorations. Looks really beautiful, very romantic ...

    Also your Christmas wreath has become very pretty, I like the yarn you have used the outside ... it looks so sweet together.

    One question Debi, is my Granny Square arrived?
    Not that it was lost. I would crochet a new one for you!

    I wish you a wonderful week and send many Greetings,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. :)

    Marion - I haven't received your square yet. Maybe any day now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tree! The ornaments are great. I would love to send an email like that to the Redskins too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I had to laugh at your comment on the Redskins. I don't follow football, but just catch it here and there when hubby is watching The Steelers. I've never seen one of those trees before, how neat is that! Your manger scene is very pretty and sure to be treasured for years to come. Holiday blessings to you and your family Debi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tree! What a great idea! Can't throw away any precious ornaments can we?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi hola que hermoso estoy de acuerdo con vos, son los mejores los que tienen una historia y un porque los adornos míos los tienen tengo uno desde los 13 años y tengo 46!!! y mi árbol tiene 20 añitos,ni loca me deshago de el, divina tu historia, un beso Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Debi. A friend of mine has done the same thing and I love it too. I think this is what I am going to look to do next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)