Friday, December 16, 2011

~ Threadbared ~

Vince and I were out today and we went to the Dollar Tree to get some Christmas bags and a few other things.  I went down the aisle where they have books and I found this one.  It's called "Threadbared - Decades of Don'ts - from the sewing and crafting world".  It is written by Kimberly Wrenn and Mary Watkins.  The picture on the cover is worth the $1.00 purchase price for the laugh it gave me.  Here are a few more pictures:

This poor lady looks like she was in an accident of some sort.
                     
I don't know what to say about these girls.

This is just plain awful.

Love the 'super hero' pose of the girl in the poncho.

The see-thru dress actually wouldn't be all that bad if the lady would of had enough sense to wear a slip.

All those Bigfoot sightings?  It's actually these people.

I like what the authors wrote about this thing:
"Crafty Mary Ann knew just how to keep her friend Robin from gnawing on the itchy stitches from her lady surgery."

This kind of reminds me of an octopus - missing 2 legs of course.

Such a handsome family.

This is absolutely my favorite one in the whole book.

Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. Oh Debi that is hilarious! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lol* great pictures and even better comments! Sounds like you have fun with this book :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too, too funny, Debi. Thanks for sharing the laughs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, funny, funny! It's unbelievable that those designs were considered stylish at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny book Debi! I love the "shag" clothing. Thanks for the smiles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny ... maybe i can do the big foot one and send my husband out in the woods near our house... maybe he could scare someone... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant book! haha.

    Thanks for sharing Debi.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I remember some of those from when I was a teenager! Very stylish then, but looking back....very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a book with crafts from the 50 or more years ago... Also the models have poses that look like 'wooden' persons.
    How things change during the decades, isn't it?
    :-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for giving me such a good belly laugh! i wished our dollar store had ths book-i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)