** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Sunday, February 26, 2012

~ a coaster and baby blankie 18b ~

I finished up this plastic canvas mug coaster this morning.  It measures 4" square and the colors match my dining room.  I love the little pink button with the dots (if I remember correctly, I bought it from Walmart).  I used to work with plastic canvas a long time ago - I might have to get back into it and work some small projects - it's very quick and easy to do. 

~~~~~


This is another baby blankie that I finished last night.  Actually, the crocheting part was finished 2 nights ago - I finished weaving in the ends last night - took me the whole evening.  Again I say, what a pain in the rear. 

It measures 22 1/2" x 28" and I crocheted it with Loops & Threads Impeccable in white and grey.  The pink is a discontinued Red Heart Sparkling.  The pattern is basically the same as the Purl Bee's, except I used double crochets instead of single crochets.  Here is the link to her pattern:

 http://www.purlbee.com/granny-stripe-blanket/

Thanks for dropping by and have a great crochet day.  :) 
Print Friendly and PDF

25 comments:

  1. It's a real babyblanket in those sweet colors; I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blankie......:0) cute .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have tried plastic canvas but your looks good. Baby blanket is very pretty also. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% about weaving in the ends, what a pain. I am thinking I could probably make a job of that, telling folks to mail me their crochet and knitted things and I will charge a few bucks to tuck in the tails....it might get to be too much to bear after awhile, lol. I see you crocheted another winner, sweet baby blankie!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colours in the coaster..
    Love the baby blanket, :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. As your usual, both projects are gorgeous! Love the blanket.

    Do you sleep? I'm just wondering because...you accomplish a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I usually get my crocheting done in the evening - from around 7:30 to about midnight. I lead such an exciting life. lol :)

      Delete
  7. Love the colors on that mug coaster. The blanky is cute too...I like the single and granny together like that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all very much. I appreciate all your nice compliments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice coaster...great colors! And I love your baby blankie. Adorable! I'm with you on weaving in the ends. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby blanket looks very nice!!Beautiful colors. Love the plastic canvas too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little coaster, and I love the baby blanket colors. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both very pretty. I don't think I've ever worked with the plastic canvas, except when I was a child. Looks fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coaster! The colors are great and you really did an awesome job on it. The blanket is precious too!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I LOVE your coaster! I haven't used plastic canvas before, but now I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow... you used that mill end yarn already? how fast you are.... I actually went to AC Moore here in Jax fl today they were having a great moomlight madness sale and it made the 20 mile ride worth it.. I bought caron one pound yarn for 4.48 a piece.... I was super happy ... you work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Odd I see this post as yesterday I was just telling the hubs that I should definitely pick up plastic canvas again for some smaller projects like table mats and coasters for the house. FUN! The blanket looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that coaster! It looks so fab! Can you post more pictures of the plastic canvas, so I can have an idea of how to make it? Or better yet; make a tutorial! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola. Que bonita la manta de bebe.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone. :)

    winkieflash - I'll see what I can come up with. For now though, here's a link to a free plastic canvas site:

    http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?cat_id=8

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't done plastic canvas for years! Used to always be my summer project when crocheting was too "hot"
    I just had all my craft "things" out during my projects this weekend and I saw ALLLLL my books, etc and definitely need to get back into it as well! Nice to see someone else who enjoys doing plastic canvas :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The blanket is beautiful! I love love love! Thanks for the link!
    Congratulations. Your creations are so original!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi this link is not working for me. its soo beautiful. my email adres is henry.lizette@gmail.com pleeze can you help me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey This blanket is beautiful. I would like to make it for my son in different colors. What size hook did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chauncey. If I remember correctly, I used a 'J' hook. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)