Saturday, February 4, 2012

~ it never ceases to amaze me ~

I am constantly amazed by the kindness of crocheters.  I see it on other blogs and of course, I see it here on my blog.  The comments that everyone leaves me gives me a smile each time I read one - and when someone crochets one of my pattern ideas and then shows it off on her blog - it makes my day.  And I'm gonna tell you - I was over the moon when I sold my 1st pattern. 

Today, I received in the mail a very nice surprise.  My friend Dana handcrafted a wood photo frame for me.  Dana painted the frame a pretty purple and then curley-q's were stenciled on - she then added rhinestones with the finishing touch being pretty flowers.  It will be perfect in my craft room with a picture of my grandsons.  

The card was also handcrafted.  She made it with beautiful butterfly card stock - she added ric-rac and a 3-D butterfly mounted on a round of matching card stock with little gold beads.

My day today was a good day - a really good day.  Thank you so much Dana.  And thank you to everyone who visits my little part of the world.  :)         
Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. Don't you just love being part of this amazing community :) It's the best place to feel loved!
    Have a great weekend.
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it. Your blog has made me smile on some pretty bad days in the last couple of months. So I wanted to show you some of the appreciation I have for your blog. I hope you also got the order I sent also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Dana. :) (I'll be working on that tomorrow)

      Delete
    2. Hi Debi! I received my order today ... Thnak you so much... The handmade cover was awesome....

      Delete
    3. That's great Dana - I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty. That was nice of her to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise for you to receive, Debi, and you are most deserving of it given the joy you give to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it's for you a little part of the world, for me my blog is also a little part of the world, but together with yours and all the other little parts of the world, my world grows a bit to a bigger, mostly creative world :-)))
    So thank you for blogging and believe me, you deserve the kindness of other people. If we all are nice in our own little part of the world, it will be nice in the bigger parts ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! What a wonderful person to send that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the reason I enjoy reading and following the blogs so much. Sometimes when you are feeling down about something you'll read a blog that makes you realize how wonderful a place the world is and how easy it is to forget the good. Thanks for posting this! It's so nice knowing there are people in this world that simply do things like this without any other thought to show appreciation. {{hugs to you both}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thoughtful gift. I agree with you, the comments can be so uplifting and helpful. I love my blog friends. Blessings, Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an award for you on my blog please visit here to see it: http://lazydaisycrochet.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award-x-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mrs Debi ...happy to read your post and know how happy you are feeling with all these beautiful gifts...I bit she made it all with lots of love...Enjoy and have a wonderful week. :))

    Happy crocheting !

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Lovely surprise for you :)) So pleased it is a great start to a new week :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love to read that you sold your first pattern! Good for you! What a sweet gifts, you must be feeling happy with them:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)