Tuesday, February 7, 2012

~ a square, a flower, 'Spring Meadows' and T on T ~

I received another granny square in the mail yesterday for my granny square swap.  It's from Sarah of 'Crochet by Sarah'.  Love the bright colors.  And as you can see, she also sent me a cute little Valentine's heart - Thanks Sarah!  :)

~~~~~

Sharon of 'Sharon's Eclectic Retreat' has posted her pattern for a little flower to embellish her crocheted slippers.  It's very cute and I can imagine lots of other things to embellish with it - barrettes, headbands, small purse, the corners of a baby blanket, and so on.
 

~~~~~

Finished weaving in the ends on baby blankie #16b last night - what a pain in the rear.  I crocheted this blankie with Loops 'n Threads Impeccable yarn - the colors are white,  kelly green, soft fern, - and a blue I already had in my stash.  It measures 25" x 29".

~ Spring Meadows ~




**Note:  to make any size rectangle - chain a multiple of 4 and then increase the number of the 3 dc groups along the side.**

Directions:

--there are pictures at the bottom of this pattern to start you off with the 1st rnd.

Rnd 1:  With white, ch 20, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in 4th ch from hook.  *ch 1, skip next 3 chs, 3 dc in next ch.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Ch 1, skip next 3 chs, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in last ch.  *ch 1, skip next 3 chs, 3 dc in next ch.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Ch 1, join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Rnd 2:  Sl st over to ch-2 space.  (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same space.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next corner ch-2 space.  Ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 space across.  {ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next corner ch-2 space} 2 times..  Ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, join as before.

Rnd 3:  Sl st over to ch-2 space.  (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same space.  Ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 space.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next corner ch-2 space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next corner ch-2 space.  Ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-1 space.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next corner ch-2 space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, join as before.  End off.

Row 4:  Join blue with a sl st to any corner space, (ch 3, 2 dc) in same space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in each ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner ch-2 space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in each ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, 3 dc in next corner ch-2 space.  Ch 4 (which counts as a ch 1 and a dc), turn.

Row 5:  3 dc in next ch-1 space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in each ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner ch-2 space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in each ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, dc in top of ch 3.  Turn.

Row 6:  Sl st into ch-1 space, (ch 3, 2 dc) in same space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in each ch-1 space across.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner ch-2 space.  (ch 1, 3 dc) in each ch-1 space across.  Ch 4, turn.

Rows 7 - 44:  Repeat Rows 5 - 6 consecutively, changing colors when desired.

I only used 1 rnd of sc as a border - you can use any border of your choice.










***Debi Y's pattern***

~~~~~


Two things that make me happy:

*  starting a fresh new project

*  bright sunny days 

Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Lovely everything, Debi! :) Your baby afghan is cute, although I feel your pain with all the end weaving. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of that granny square sent in for your swap... Clever.

    Your baby blanket is beautiful!! The colors are cheery and perfect for a little one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty baby blanket Debi. Sunshine and starting a new project makes me happy too! Happy Tuesday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another unique blankie - I love the colors and the pattern! I think I've never thanked you for all the interesting blog links you're posting - I'm following all the links and I've always found an interesting read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Barbara - I always like to find new sites too. :)

      Delete
  5. What an interesting baby blanket. Do you sometimes find yourself going along and almost going in a square instead of two sides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I tried to do that a couple of times - confused myself for a little bit. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I am so glad you like them and that you got them so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and colorful square! :D
    I've been thinking a lot about crocheting a blanket lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have any quick and easy patterns for lapghans? I like to crochet and take items to the VA and give them out. i am self teaching my self to crochet and do not understand the patterns unless I sit and watch youTube. I know the veterans will appreciate them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra. The patterns I have are baby blankie size - and each pattern has the exact size written in the pattern. I hope you can find something you like. :)

      Delete
  9. dEBRA, THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT RIPPLES THAT ARE FAST AND EASY. I DO LAP BLANKETS FOR OUR CHURCH AND I DO RIPPLE ALOT BECAUSE ITS FAST AND EASY, I CAN WATCH TV AND DO IT,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning DebiY. Just found this site so far so good is it only baby afghans you do or is there a place for baby sweaters tutorials i cant read the patterns yet,look forward to hearing from you in the mean time i will keep looking thank you for your lovely ideas .lynne.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Lynne. No sorry, I don't have baby sweater patterns, but I've found some on Youtube that you might like. Here is the link:

      http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=baby+sweaters&oq=baby+sweaters&gs_l=youtube.3..0l6j0i5l4.5325.8349.0.8850.13.11.0.2.2.0.99.961.11.11.0...0.0...1ac.1.sNg82JAf334

      Delete
  11. hello DebiY, thank you for your quick reply i will go check it out thank you again,Happy new year to you.Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)