Monday, February 6, 2012

~ Versatile Blogger award ~


Good morning everyone - I'm smiling again.  Melissa from 'Lazy Daisy Crochet' has very kindly awarded my blog the 'Versatile Blogger' award.  What a great way to start my day.  :)

Now I must tell you 7 things about myself and then pass this award on to 15 bloggers - so here goes:

1.  besides my dogs Tex and Ladybug, I also have 2 gerbils - their names are Mugsy and Rocky.

2.  when I started menopause a few years ago, I would tease my son by telling him that I was going to grow a handlebar mustache (he hated that)  :)

3.  my husbands family lives in Ontario, Canada, so we spend alot of our vacations there. 

4.  after 30+ years, my husband still makes me laugh.

5.  during my short stint in the Army, I was assigned to 'Burial detail' for a couple of weeks.  I was part of the 21 gun salute (which is 7 soldiers firing 3 times).  And yes, I cried (quietly) every time.

6.  I cannot drive on major highways - I get very, very nervous - and a very, very nervous driver is not a good driver.

7.  I hate window shopping.  If I'm going to the stores - I'm going to buy something. 

Ok - now on to the 15 blogger friends that I would like to pass this award on to.  If you do not participate in awards - that's ok - I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog

1.  Kat from 'Hookin' It With Mr. Lick Lick'

2.  Sharon from 'Sharon's Eclectic Retreat'

3.  Heather from 'The Good Life'

4.  Charlotte from 'Charlotte's Web' 

5.  Pearlin J from 'Knottyville'

6.  Ruth from 'The Butterfly Bush Diaries'

7.  Shelly from 'Family, Books and Crochet...Oh My!'

8.  Vikki from 'By HOOKS 4U'

9.  Holly Louise from 'Crafty Holly Louise'

10.  Rob from 'Men Crochet 2'

11.  K from 'Aurora Blythe'

12.  Emma from 'The Log Cabin'

13.  Eileen from 'Crochet Attic'

14.  Madeleine from 'Yarn Madness'

15.  Barbara from 'Made in K-town'

and here's 1 more for good measure -

16.  Neicee from 'INSOMNIAC with a hook'

Have a great day everyone - and thanks for stopping by.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Debi... well deserved indeed! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi,
    Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for mine and for the link, I'm so glad you enjoy reading my blog. There are a few blogs you've listed that I haven't heard of so will check them out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Debi, Thanks for awarding me also..but I was looking at your list of blogs..some of them may get the award twice..lol..have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! Yay! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Debi...for the award and the kind words. They mean a lot to me. I don't do the blog awards but it's nice to be appreciated! :o) That's awesome that you were in the military. If I were there close by I'd shake your hand. Doesn't matter what job you held, you made a difference in someone's life. Congratulations to you and Vince on 30 years!!! That is very awesome! You don't see that a lot these days. I had an 8 year and a 12 year stint. I tried.....twice. Never again. :o) Thanks again....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award, well deserved. I've always enjoyed your blog. Thank you for picking me as one of the blogs to pass it on to; I appreciate it very much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Debi and congrats to you! I am so honored that you picked me to share this award with.
    ((Hugs)):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Debi, and thank you so much for thinking of me again! Your #7 is absolutely me - especially when it comes to shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! This would be my first award!! WooHoo!
    P.S. Congratulations to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations debi and thank you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award,very well deserved,best wishes,juliex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the award! I feel so honoroued :)This year I decided not to do awards so I'm sorry. I appreciate it very much though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I can't wait to check out the other crochet blogs that I haven't seen yet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Debi and thank you very much for passing it on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felicidades Debi por tu premio¡¡¡
    Un saludo.
    Susana.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Debi! Oh, number 7, we have that in common:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)