** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Thursday, February 23, 2012

~ yarn, coffee and a no name hexagon ~

Yesterday morning my Mom had another Dr. appointment.  She was having a stress test done and I had alot of time to kill (the test took 3 1/2 hours).  Since I didn't want to go too far - I went across the street to the Bowie Towne Center.  I went into the AC Moore again and picked up some more yarn.
I also needed some coffee and the only place I could find was Starbucks.  Worst coffee ever.  It was so strong I could of made 3 cups out of it and when I dumped it out after deciding that I just couldn't drink anymore, it had coffee grounds in it.  Gross.  What a complete waste of money.  Give me McDonalds coffee anyday (or Tim Hortons if I'm in Canada) and I'll be happy.

I did have some time to crochet too.  Since quite a few people seem to like the 'squircle v-3' - I wanted to crochet a matching hexagon.  The only problem being that I can't call it a 'squircle' since it's not a circle in a square.  It's a circle in a hexagon.  Maybe 'hexircle'.  Anybody got any name ideas for me?

Thanks for dropping by - I wish you all a great day.  :)
    
Print Friendly and PDF

22 comments:

  1. I think "hexircle" is a good name ;-)
    Anyhow, it looks great again! Nice for bags and blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mill ends are such great surprises - like Christmas! I prefer McDonald's coffee over Starbucks, too. Beautiful hexagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like hexircle. Clever. I wish we had an AC Moore here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all went well with your Mom's tests Debi. It is nice that you are so close and be such a support to her. Pretty motif. I'm pretty wordy, I'd probably call it something like Circle with Six Sides or, it kind of looks like an Owl Eye Hexagon. :-) Starbuck is very strong coffee, sounds like you got the bottom of the brew with the grounds. My favorite coffee is Panera's Hazelnut. Take care and have a wonderful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new hexi! Great yarn. Love all the colors. I dont waste my money on Starbucks...Notice the name Star...bucks they get all your bucks for their coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new Hexie.I also agree with you about Starbucks coffee, it is too strong. I only drink their cream based Frapps:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cirhexal was my thought...love the yarn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things are OK with your mom, Debi. Love the yarns you picked up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Mama is OK. Lucky you to have a craft store near the doctor's office. I always forget to take a book or crochet when I have to visit the doctor. Love the new block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the tests went well. I love how you just whip things up so easy, that is not a strong point for me. I do like the hexagon, very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like cirhex myself. :o) Hope your mom's test went well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to everyone for all your nice comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your mom's tests were ok. I love the yarn you got especially the bag on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the "Hexical" pretty colours in your yarn, great to have a yarn shop so handy to medical centre..Hope your mum is ok :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's one no one has said -- chexagon. :) 3-1/2 hours for a stress test is pretty comprehensive. Hope it went well. So nice that you were able to pop over for some yarn. You are always creating wonderful crocheted items. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whaha, I love the name hexircle! :) It's a keeper.
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brenda AKA OldnbrokenFebruary 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM

    Debi, I have a suggestion but not what you are suspecting! It's not like I really need any yarn but maybe next time you go thru the mill ends, you could find me some! I get so jealous when I see people finding the cool stuff, altho I am happy for you as well! It is just so like Christmas when you make a find right??Happy hookin'

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is there a way to combine the circles and hexs in the same afhgan? That would be so cool. ??? do you have the directions for the hex pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. June. The pattern for the hexircle was posted on Feb. 12, - I'm glad you like it. :)

      http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2012/02/hexircle.html

      Delete
  19. I also hope your mom's tests are ok. Question. How do you put the hexicircles together? They don't line up like squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Here is a link to a site that explains how to join hexagons.

      http://heidibearscreative.blogspot.com/2011/02/african-flower-hexagon-join-as-you-go.html

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)