Saturday, March 3, 2012

~ 2 more plastic canvas coasters ~

Vince and I were out and about again yesterday running errands (his days off are Friday and Saturday) - we stopped at alot of places, but my favorite was AC Moore.  I picked up a few things: 2 crochet hooks, 2 small decorative paper punches (a butterfly and a flower), a mill-ends bag of bulky yarn, 4 sheets of plastic canvas and a pack of 10 plastic canvas squares.  Oh, and I also bought 3 large jar candles. 

When we got home I made up 2 more coasters.  The one on top I call 'I love my coffee' and the bottom one I call 'Springtime patchwork'.  I think I shouldn't of cut the heart shape out - should of left it as a square.
 

I also wanted to show you how I keep my embroidery threads - a little plastic canvas bobbin.


I think that's it for now - I have to get back to my crocheting.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great crochet day.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Love your WIP's! My cousin does a lot of plastic canvas work and your pictures today reminded me of her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a wonderful idea about the plastic canvas bobbin. I will have to make some for my daughter. She makes friendship bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the heart too!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I picked up some plastic canvas last week to make some coasters - any suggested websites for patterns? Also - do you have any suggested books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies. :)

    Cris - I posted a few plastic canvas sites on this post:

    http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2012/02/p-c-coaster-graph-and-sneak-peek.html

    Sorry - I don't have any suggestions for books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that back Cris - I do have one p c book that I bought at the Dollar Tree. It's called 'Happy Holidays in Plastic Canvas' by The Needlecraft Shop. I've looked thru it once and the projects look pretty nice. :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had fun day out with lots of crafty goodies to play with too
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the PC thread bobbins! Much better than cutting up old cereal boxes for the cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog. Thanks for sharing useful infomation.
    love shape coaster

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)