Monday, March 26, 2012

~ baby blankie 20b ~


Finished up this granny square baby blankie last night.  I crocheted it with various brands of worsted weight acrylic yarns - Red Heart, Bernat, Loops & Threads, Vanna's - and it measures 30" square.


For Rnd 1 of the border I joined with a sc in the corner, ch 4 and sc in same corner.  (Ch 4, sc in next ch space) all around with (sc, ch 4, sc) in each corner.  Join with a sl st to the 1st sc.

For Rnd 2:  sl st into ch-4 space, (ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same space, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc - which is called the 'open-shell stitch') in each ch-4 space around with (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in each corner ch-4 space.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

For Rnd 3:  sl st into next dc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 space, sc in next 2 dc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 space, ##sc in next dc, *sc next 2 dc together, sc in next dc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 space, sc in next dc.  Repeat from * across.  Sc next 2 dc together, sc in next dc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch-2 space, sc in next 2 dc, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch-2 space.  Repeat from ## 3 more times.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.  

That last round was a little tricky to write out - if you have any problems, just let me know.  

Thanks for stopping by - have a great day.  :)

Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. Oooh, I just adore these large granny square blankets. Beautiful. And the edging is fabulous!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely as useual! ;-)
    The border is beautiful, you did a very good job again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi - This is beautiful! And the edging is so pretty!
    With each row a different color, you had so many "ends" to weave in!

    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is just something lovable about granny squares.Your edging is perfect, so nice!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty. I've never of thought doing a granny square as a baby blanket. I always feel like blankets have to be rectangular for some reason. Love the colors you used. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the border. I usually do a ruffle of some sort. I will try this next :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very pretty Debi. Thanks for the border. I always have a hard time deciding what to do with borders so I will try this one in the future. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's beautiful Debi, I love the colours and the border finishes it off perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and cute,like the colors.:0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely afghan, Debi. Very pretty border. ~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Colours and border.. A great way to use up those odd balls of yarn :))
    Have a great day and thanks for stopping by :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the border - as well as the afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love that border. Love the colors in the blanket. Thanks for sharing.
    (((HUGS)))
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww it is lovely, beautiful bright colours, perfect for a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been catching up with your posts Debi. One word 'amazing!'.
    Your crocheting is superb. I love your Blankets some really fantastic ideas.
    I love the Wiggles triangles too,
    fantastic,
    hope you are well,
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful blanket you made. I love the border that you made for the blanket very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What are the border instructions? Round three?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine. The instructions for Rnd 3 is printed above.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)