Thursday, March 15, 2012

~ granny squares & tulip bowls~


Today I received in the mail, granny squares from Cynthia of 'TwoLuLa'.  It's the 3 on the bottom.  Pretty work Cynthia - thank you very much.  As you can see, I'm slowly but surely working on all the squares that I have received so far.  I'm only adding a sc border and then I will whipstitch them together.  Nothing fancy - I'm going to let the pretty squares do all the talking.  :)

~~~~~

I went over to my Mom's for a visit today and she gave me these Fire-King tulip bowls.  My Mom received these bowls at her bridal shower 55 years ago.  There used to be 4 of them, but over the years the 2 smaller ones were broken and these 2 are showing their age.  I still love them though.  :) 

Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift form your mother! Not just vintage, but personal history attached, too. THat is priceless. Love the variety of squares, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely squares! I can hardly wait to see your afghan once all your squares are put together. :D Love your tulip bowls. What a wonderful gift from your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three of those squares!! I also love those bowls. I wish I had something of my mothers. She moved around so much and was terrible to leave things behind. So a lot of her things were lost along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh Mrs debi , I love the bowls...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy colours in the squares :))
    Love the tulip bowls,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bowls are cool! It's funny how they are wearing like they are huh? Love the squares. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stack of granny squares~ Looks like lots of progress!
    Also, I love the bowls your mom gave you~ I miss being able to say, I went over to mom's today!!!!!!! She passed away in 2010~ :( My girls make up for it though by saying that about me now! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your bowls are so nice. I wish my mom lived closer so I could say I went over to my mom's today. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we can find so neat stuff that is vintage at mom's house. Pyrex and Fire King seems to be on the up rise lately and everyone likes it. Grew up with all those and never paid them no mind until recently. I do have a few smaller Pyrex bowls and large Fire King glass measuring cup. The block pile is growing for you. Will be fun to see what you have when they are all joined. Have a great weekend friend.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bowls,I love anything that Mum passes down,I'm such a sentimentalist! The granny squares are looking so sweet,cant wait to see them all joined up.Have a happy weekend,love julie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)