Saturday, March 31, 2012

~ Sucrette's granny poncho CAL ~


I've joined 'Sucrette's granny poncho crochet-a-long' over on Le monde de Sucrette.  A while back (when I used to work) I went to the Hobby Lobby that was a short trip up the road and bought 3 skeins of the 'I Love This Yarn!' in 'pinkytoes sparkle'.  It's just been sitting in my stash ever since because I didn't know what project to make with it.  I knew I wanted something for me, but I didn't know what.  Last night I finally decided - a light-weight poncho.  I'll be using the 'Light & Airy Poncho' pattern from Free Patterns. com. 

If I decide that I actually like to wear it and it looks ok on me, I will probably make a blue one too. 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great and perfect for Spring! :) Can't wait to see your progress.
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm joining this too Debi but I must clear some wips out of the way first. I love the pattern you have chosen. I think mine will be a child's poncho with Sucrette's pattern, I'm not sure if I would wear a poncho myself, can't wait to see how yours turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one Hobby Lobby lover to another......I love that place! Thank goodness it is over an hour away from me or I would be there everyday. It is where I bought my dollhouse kit, and I could spend hours in the scrap booking isles. Last time I was there I never made it over to the yarn isles. I would have had to rent a U-Haul at the checkout, lol. Ponchos are back, and I think Martha Stewart started that revival when she was doing her time. I love to see little ones in them, they always look so cute. I will have to check out the pattern you are going to make. Can't wait to see what you come up with and when you complete it.
    Have a great weekend,
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear my friend Debi, You are a great blog friend and thank you very much for your award. I gave you an award too. But would you mind telling me what I must do now. I made nice crochets for award. How will I send it to you.
    And also I looked the sites you shared with us. I was thinking to make a poncho. I think it will be hard but I really want to have a poncho for spring days.
    Thank you very much and all best wishes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beck - the award is the little 'Liebster blog' picture. The only thing that the people you awarded it to has to do is copy the picture and put it on their blog. You don't have to send anyone anything. :)

      I started the 'Light & Airy' poncho last night and it is very easy to crochet.

      Delete
  5. You make a lot of things. I need to crochet more...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)