Monday, April 30, 2012

~ another hook & earring jackets ~


A size 'I' Susan Bates crochet hook handle.  The handle was made with Sculpey clay in 'pink pearl' and Fimo clay in 'white glitter'.  The hook itself is not the hook I bought at AC Moore on Friday - I chose to use an older pastel color hook I had in my stash.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~


Earring jackets

Materials:
- small amount embroidery floss (I used Prism tie-dye)
- sz. 1 (one) steel hook

Directions:

Ch 7, sc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in last ch from hook, ch 3, sc in 3rd ch from hook.  *dc in same ch as previous dc, ch 3, sc in 3rd ch from hook.  Repeat from * 9 more times.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.  End off.

Insert stud earring to wear.

***Debi Y's version***

Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. I've been using Prism to make butterflies . . . the work up just gorgeous.

    Thanks for the tutorial on FIMO . . . I have always wanted to work with it, and now I know how.

    The ear rings are adorable too :-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Paula - and thank you too. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely earrings I will have to make some of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job as always i love your work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hook!
    And the earrings...lovely! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done the clay to any of my crochet hooks. Do you find them easier to use when you build up the handle like that? They sure are pretty. Cute idea for the earrings.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. I love having these handles on my crochet hooks - they're more easier to hold and I can crochet longer. I used to have to take breaks after a little while just to stretch out my fingers. :)

      Delete
  6. wow Debi that is beautiful. I never thought of that. I love how you make the handles for your crochet hooks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Debi,
    your new crochethook looks wonderful and I can see the glitter ... but the earrings are awesome ...
    You have such wonderful ideas ... and I thank you so much that you always sharing them with all of us!

    I wish you a wonderful and sunny week and send you many greetings,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a pleasure to stop by and see your beautiful work Debi. I love the Baby Blanket, the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for your kind comments too!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)