Saturday, April 21, 2012

~ campground pics ~

I'm back from the campground.  We came home last night because there was a water main break, which of course, meant no water at the trailer or the bathhouse.  We were only there for 2 days and that just didn't seem long enough. 

Here's my Vince cooking breakfast for us.  This has kind of turned into a tradition of sorts when we're there.  This time he cooked in the kitchen, but all the other times he cooks on the porch with his portable camping stove.  It's a good way to wake up all the boys when they are there with us.  Doesn't this look delicious?  It's another good reason that I enjoy the campground - breakfast is served.  :)


We also enjoy riding our golfcart around.  These pictures are of one of the lakes - such a beautiful, peaceful place to just sit and look around.




Vince took this picture of me - I'm talking to Bobby on the phone explaining how to work the dishwasher.


This is me too.


While riding around, we came across this fancy golfcart - pretty cool.  I wonder if it has one of those 'ah-oo-ga' horns.
   

Back at the trailer looking at our front gardens and finding that they need weeding and cleaning .  Here are a couple decorative stones I made.  All you need to create these is cement, a couple of the aluminum baking pans from the Dollar Tree and some glass gems.  You can also use river stones.  Mix the cement - pour into the pan and then add your decorations.  Let the cement harden and then pop it out of the baking pan.  Easy, peasy.




 
Of course I got some crocheting done - just a little though.  I think I made 4 or 5 other little circles after this picture was taken.
   
 
We also went to the Super Walmart to get groceries and you know I had to check out the yarn aisle.  Not much really, but I did pick up 5 skeins of RHSS that were on sale for $2.00 each.
 
 
After the Walmart shopping, Vince stopped into Dick's Sporting Goods to look for a mirror for the golfcart, and right across the street was the biggest Joann Fabrics I've seen so far.  You know I had to go in and check it out.  I behaved myself and only bought a circle punch and 2 skeins of Bernat Pipsqueak.

All in all, we had a great time even though it was only 2 days.  We need to go more often.  :) 
Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. We all need vacation once in a while. Can't go on vacation without visiting a Wal-Mart, can we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi I can understand why you enjoy going to the camp ground. The views of the lake are fabulous. I would be content to sit there all day long and gaze at the water and the trees, and I'm sure you get a whiff of fresh air with a hint of wood smoke now and then. The last time I went camping was in a tent and as I recall after 2 days of sleeping in a sleeping bag I was ready to come home, lol
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful there. I can believe you love it over there.
    I hope you can enjoy the live on the campingground for many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! I can see why it's hard to leave; absolutely beautiful.
    Good find on the yarn; what's the name of the pink, purple and yellow one? Definitely my favorite.
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. The pink, purple and yellow yarn is called 'melonberry'. :)

      Delete
  5. You know, I can't go without visiting a Wal-Mart when on vacation either. Not only do you need a few essentials (usually things that were forgotten), but you have to see what that Wal-Mart offers compared to the one at home - especially when vacationing in another state. All of them are different! Speaking of which, I'll be checking out the one in Branson, Missouri, in about three or four weeks. Wonder what they'll have... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought some RH the other day and hated it. So stiff and hard. Maybe the SS you are buying feels different? I bought mine at Joanns I think. I didn't want to deal with trying to return it w/o a receipt so I donated it. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niki - some are rough, some are soft. When I finish with an item that I have crocheted with the rough yarn, I just toss it in the dryer with a damp towel for about 20 minutes - comes out soft as butter. :)

      Delete
  7. Campgrounds look like a piece of heaven. Move over and share that breakfast ... my favorite meal and out in the open it must be fabulous. Good will power on the yarn purchase. Sorry your camping was cut short, hopefully you'll get back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The campground looks and sounds heavenly! I love to go camping. We have a large tent. There is nothing better than waking up to the sounds of the birds singing. I am usually the first one up but I truly enjoy getting the campfire started and cooking breakfast over it (but we also have a portable gas stove). You've inspired me to start planning a trip for this summer.

    I received your package of yarn today. I will start my project tomorrow. Thanks!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i am so jealous. the campgrounds aren't open here yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a nice time, sorry it had to be cut short but if there's no water then not much else you can do if you want showers, clean dishes and flushing toilets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a good time, Debi, even if it did get cut short. Love seeing your pics from the campground. :) Nice yarn you bought, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Debi,

    that's really beautiful there! And sure, you'll have much more time to spend there!
    Wow just beautiful ...
    Your decorative stones are a great idea - you are so talented.
    Oh how sweet...your husband makes breakfast and it looks so delicious.
    I like his shirt ... that's really great!

    I wish you from my heart that you can go back soon,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)