** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Friday, April 13, 2012

~ granny squares & some 'giggles' fun


Received another granny square package in the mail yesterday - this time from Tara of 'little things'.  Along with the granny squares, she also sent me a very nice coffee cup sleeve - this will be good to keep in my purse for those coffee stops when I'm out running errands.  Thank you very much Tara.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Pat of 'Hooks and Books' is hosting some 'giggles fun'.  She made herself a dishcloth with this bright and colorful giggles yarn and when she was finished, she sent me a skein to crochet a 6" square.  I, in turn, will then choose one person to send what is left of the yarn to crochet or knit a 6" square.  If there is enough yarn left over after you make your square, then you will pass it along.  If you would like to join in the giggles fun, please read Pat's original post, and then leave a comment on this post only and I will draw out one lucky name on Wednesday morning, April 18th.

I crocheted a 6" granny square with 1 strand of white baby yarn held together with 1 strand of the giggles yarn.  I used a 'J' hook.  I'll admit, it was a little tricky, but the end result is so soft and squishy.  I think it will be ideal for a face washcloth.  

        
Thanks for stopping by - have a good evening.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. I love that yarn. I am not a blogger just a follower and sometime commenter. Ahh but I am loyal :) any way left a comment on your friends site and am leaving one for you. Please join me up if I am allowed..(please...) Happy hooking from alabama..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you were able to crochet with the giggle yarn :)) You have more patients than me LOL.. It looks lovely and I agree so soft :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So guess what! I finally got my March square in the mail today! They said you can expect it by Tuesday! So sorry for the delay... its been crazy and I am now trying to get last minute things done before this baby is born! I love how your squares look so far and hope this one I made will fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah - I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

      Delete
  4. That giggle yarn looks like fun, never heard of it before. The square you made looks soft and bet it would be a great yarn to make wash cloths from.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello.. I have never seen the giggle yarn before. Looks like it would make a nice wash cloth. Where did you find it. Would like to see more colors. Thanks for sharing. Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. :)

    Hi Shari - the giggle yarn came from Pat in Australia (I believe it was made in Australia too). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen the giggles yarn before. Looks like a trip to the yarn store is in order! (like I really needed a reason!). Please add me to the drawing. What is it made of?
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia. The giggles yarn is 100% polyester. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)