** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

~ Two on Tuesday and an award ~


Two things that make me happy:

*  working on a small project with my husband - yesterday we created a thread holder for me.

*  listening to the neighborhood children laughing and talking as they walk up the street to the bus stop. 

~~~~~~~~~~~


The lovely Barbara of "Made in K-town' has awarded my blog the 'Liebster Blog' award.  Thank you very much Barbara - I appreciate this very much.  :)

I can't seem to think of 5 things about myself, so I will have 6 things about my family.

1.  My Dad performed at the Grand Ole Opry with his family back in 1980 or 1981 (can't remember which) - I was backstage with a couple of my friends and it was great.   

2.  My Mom is the strongest woman I know.  She's also half Italian so you know she's the best cook too.  

3.  Despite being a high school dropout, my sister Teri is a financial genius.  She owns 7 houses.

4.  My brother Darrell is "special" - he lives with my Mom and helps to take care of things around the house.

5.  My sister Laura is very much a 'people person' - she will do anything for anybody.  She also has the best memory.  

6.  My sister Julie is always happy - always smiling or laughing.  She's also a good cook too.

Now here are the 5 blogs that I would like to pass this award on to:

1.  Mary at 'Crocheting the Day Away'

2.  Heather at 'The Good Life'

3.  Emma at 'The Log Cabin'

4.  Angelique at 'Made with Love'

5.  Caroline at 'The Kansas Hooker'

If you don't participate in blog awards, that's ok - I just want you to know that I enjoy your blog.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.  :)         

Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for passing on the award! I love your blog too :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how our family members have something special to offer the world. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog..I do enjoy my friends out here in blogland. The world doesn't seem so big after all. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you very much Debi! Unfortunately I don't know what to write about myself, so if you like to give mine to somebody else.... But I do appreciate to read that you like my blog. Thank you very much!
    By the way, I'm half Italian too, but I don't like cooking ;-) Aha, finaly, that's the evidence that I'm Dutch, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a big family. What a blessing!! PFF @ Angelique: I am Dutch and I LOOOOVE cooking (especially for a huge group of people, bring ón that Italian family. Teehee!)
    Can't wait to see the thread holder, curious!!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very welcome Debi! Wow, I can't believe that your Dad has performed at the Grand Ole Opry and you were there to watch him! I've always dreamed about watching a show there, that must be so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Debi! I enjoyed reading about your family and I appreciate the award and your thinking of me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Debi on your award. I can see why you were chosen. Loved reading the tidbits about your family. They all sound like a wonderful and talented group and I'm sure you are feeling proud and blessed to have them in your life.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the award DebY. I enjoy your blog too! Your family sounds an awfully lot like mine. All with distinct personalities, but come together in the most fantastic way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. harika görünüyor kolay gelsin sevgiler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debi, thank you very much for the award, I would love to accept and will blog about it soon. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)