** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Saturday, April 28, 2012

~ a wip, a new hook & baby blankie 2c ~


This is a wip that I am working on - it's taking for-e-verrrrrrrrr. 

~~~~~~~~~~~


Yesterday morning I went to the City of Bowie Job Fair - which was a bust because there was really nothing there for me - unless I wanted to be a cop or a firewoman (too old for that) or wanted to work in a bank (too chicken for that).  There was also a few other 'working with the public' jobs that are definitely not for me.  

Since I was so close to AC Moore I decided to drive on over for a quick look around.  I ended up buying 1 bag of mill-ends turquoise yarn, a pink pen, 2 blocks of polymer clay, a pack of Prism tie-dye embroidery floss, and 2 Susan Bates crochet hooks - size I and J.  When I came home I made this handle on the size J crochet hook and I'm planning on making the size I hook today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~


This is baby blankie 2c - it measures 23" x 32" and I crocheted it with various brands of 4-ply worsted weight acrylic yarns.  There is RHSS, Vanna's Choice, Bernat, Loops & Threads Impeccable and ILTY!.  The pattern is very similar to the 'round in circles' blanket - it's the same, but different. 

Thanks for dropping by - enjoy your day.  :)   
Print Friendly and PDF

20 comments:

  1. Love the colors on your doily! Very spring-y!

    Your hooks always amaze me. Such talent you have!

    Love the baby blanket!!! What a great variety of cheery colors for baby. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hook is fantastic .... how do you get the spots ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. Go to 'my crochet hooks' post that was posted on Aug. 30, 2010 - make a handle according to the instructions except use only 1 color. To get the spots - just roll out a small ball of clay - flatten it between your thumb and finger and apply to the un-baked handle. Then roll the handle on your table gently until the handle is smooth. Bake it, and then sand it according to the instructions. Have fun. :)

      Delete
  3. very pretty, i wish there was a craft store around here so i could get that clay. nothing in our little town :( maybe one day i will have to make a day trip to go to the closest one which is a hr away. ur work is always so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. You can order polymer clay on the internet - there are alot of places that sell it. :)

      Delete
  4. Your luckytohave a mill close.. I'm gonna check into if one is close to me....love the new hook ..have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I know what you mean about jobs available now a days. Sounds like you had a nice time shopping though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not use these crochet hooks because I hold mine like a pencil. But if it works for you, then that's great. Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debi - It is always so enjoyable hearing about what you have been doing. And your pictures are great. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something so charming about that first photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi debi,your crochet hooks are wonderful,very clever,indeed.I love the baby blankie,its such a lovely pattern,have a lovely weekend.xoxoxojuliex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful baby afghan. You're very talented, Debi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely nad different .Love all your balkies.They are adorable. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like what you do with the clay and your hooks, so neat! And the baby blankie is adorable. You are so lucky to have craft stores so close to you. The closest we have is a Joanne Fabrics and it is at least a 25 minute trip. Here lately I have noticed Joanne's doesn't have much to offer in the yarn department. There is a Hobby Lobby about an hour away, but every time we drive past it I am with hubby on the way to or coming from his medical appointments. He says I can go in, but those are long days and I know he is tired. I prefer to go when I'm alone and not having someone waiting in the car.
    (((HUGS)))
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that crochet hook, how clever! And the baby blanket is gorgeous, especially the colour you have used to join them all. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, lovely! I love to see others work space! ^.^
    Both blanket and hooks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work! I just LOVE your crochet hooks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much lovely crochet in one post. The baby blanket is adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)