Thursday, May 10, 2012

~ my blogging friends granny square blanket ~

First, I must say that this has been alot of fun for me.  I would very much like to thank all my blogging friends that participated in my 'blogging friends granny square blanket' swap.  And they are:

* Marion of 'Marion's bunte Handarbeitswelt'
* Renee of 'Renee's Crochet'
* Cynthia of 'TwoLuLa'
* Grace Ann of 'Would You Like Yarn With That?'
* Emma of 'The Log Cabin'
* Palynsea (no blog)
* Christy of 'Crochet Happiness'
* Pat of 'Hooks and Books'
* Sarah of 'Crochet by Sarah'
* Holly Louise of 'Crafty Holly Louise'
* Sherri of 'CrochetnQuilt'
* Red of 'Red Crochets'
* Rob of 'Men Crochet 2'
* Tara of 'Little Things'
* Bev of 'One Yarn After Another'
* Stephanie of 'Simply Crochet and Other Crafts'

To see all the individual squares that were sent to me, click on this link - 'granny square swap'

Here are all the squares laid out on my craft room floor ready to be sewn together.  I started on the vertical seams first.


Then it was on to the horizontal seams.


I had to take quite a few breaks because working on the floor was very hard on my knees and my hips - this old granny was feeling the pain.  :)


I finished the sewing in the evening while watching NCIS re-runs.


Working on the border - which is 1 round of hdc followed by 1 round of sc, ch 3, skip next hdc, sc in next hdc.  I wanted something simple.


And here it is - it measures 34" x 53" - a perfect size to keep me warm while sitting on the couch.  :)


I added a '4-hearts square' to the bottom left - I thought it would be a very appropriate square for a friendship blanket.  <3

Thanks for stopping by - have a great day.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

37 comments:

  1. Debi! Its gorgeous! What a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, What a lovely blanket! Made out of friendship.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely bright cheerful blanket Debi well done everyone who took part and to you for putting it together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasured thing to make and have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now when you lay it across you, you will know how much you are loved by all those who sent you squares. I think it is beautiful!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a sweet thing to say Bev - thank you. :)

      Delete
  6. Debi - This is beautiful and so very special! Thanks for showing us.

    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! Such a wonderful thing that so many contributed to its making. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debi, I can see my squares! They all look lovely, especially with the white border. I'm honoured to have been a part of your friendship blanket. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a part of it Emma. :)

      Delete
  9. It has turned out quite lovely! Hope ibuprofen has taken care of your aches and pains.

    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee. I definately had to take ibuprofen - everything's good now. :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on finishing the blanket. It turned out great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks exiting, well done!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well what a good day to use my partners work laptop it looks wonderful. Glad to here you got the square and liked your gifts sorry took so long to post my partner took for ever to post it since I was not aloud out of bed due to my ribs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob - I hope you heal up quickly and feel better soon. :)

      Delete
  13. wow Debi that looks amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute,lovely and warm.....:0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great granny. A treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debi, you sure have a keepsake from all those blogging friends, so many pretty squares too.
    How on earth do you sew the seams like that????? It would be breaking my back, killing my knees and getting up and down would be a real killer. I have to sit at the table to do my seam sewing and that is tiring too.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. I definately took alot of breaks while I was doing the sewing. My knees and hips are still feeling the pain right now though - but it was worth it - I love my blanket. :)

      Delete
  17. Great.. Really great... Congratulations to you and all crocheters.. Very well..:))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a nice contrast in squares. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone for all your nice comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hola Alina. Que manta tan bonita has hecho¡¡¡¡¡. Quiero decir a todas las que han participado en esta manta felicidades por este trabajo tan bonito.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg. What a bunch of love to cuddle up with...looks great. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a pretty blanket and your 4-heart square is the perfect finish. Hope you are well Debi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very bright and cheery colourful blanket Debbie!

    I have started a new blog http://createwittyunleashed.blogspot.com my latest post is on crochet squares.
    Pls have a look and send your feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)