First, I must say that this has been alot of fun for me. I would very much like to thank all my blogging friends that participated in my 'blogging friends granny square blanket' swap. And they are:
* Marion of 'Marion's bunte Handarbeitswelt'
* Renee of 'Renee's Crochet'
* Cynthia of 'TwoLuLa'
* Grace Ann of 'Would You Like Yarn With That?'
* Emma of 'The Log Cabin'
* Palynsea (no blog)
* Christy of 'Crochet Happiness'
* Pat of 'Hooks and Books'
* Sarah of 'Crochet by Sarah'
* Holly Louise of 'Crafty Holly Louise'
* Sherri of 'CrochetnQuilt'
* Red of 'Red Crochets'
* Rob of 'Men Crochet 2'
* Tara of 'Little Things'
* Bev of 'One Yarn After Another'
* Stephanie of 'Simply Crochet and Other Crafts'
To see all the individual squares that were sent to me, click on this link - 'granny square swap'.
Here are all the squares laid out on my craft room floor ready to be sewn together. I started on the vertical seams first.
Then it was on to the horizontal seams.
I had to take quite a few breaks because working on the floor was very hard on my knees and my hips - this old granny was feeling the pain. :)
I finished the sewing in the evening while watching NCIS re-runs.
Working on the border - which is 1 round of hdc followed by 1 round of sc, ch 3, skip next hdc, sc in next hdc. I wanted something simple.
And here it is - it measures 34" x 53" - a perfect size to keep me warm while sitting on the couch. :)
I added a '4-hearts square' to the bottom left - I thought it would be a very appropriate square for a friendship blanket. <3
Thanks for stopping by - have a great day. :)