** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Sunday, June 3, 2012

~ a little fairy garden ~

Susanne of 'Forget-Me-Not' posted about a friend of hers who created a fairy garden in her yard - and she also gave a link to a blogger who creates fairy gardens.  When I saw those, I just knew that I had to try it.  (My Vince and I are in the process of painting the back steps and cleaning up the patio, so please excuse all the mess.) 


I started with a large pot that we had a tomato plant in last year.  I cleaned up the dirt, patted it down and then searched around for a 'house'.  Found this little clay pot, drew on a door and a window with a Sharpie marker, and added a large flat rock for a roof - (it kind of reminds me of 'The Flintstones) - and then added rocks for a walkway to the door.  Another rock with a door drawn on is the dog house for the fairy's tiny best friend.  4 little trees were added and then blue glass gems were used to outline the gardens.  I still need to find a little fairy figurine to complete the garden and I'm thinking maybe a few more small plants of some sort. 

I think it's kind of cute and I had fun creating it - I'll definitely be making some more.  Thanks Susanne!  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I may have to try this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Debi! I love fairy gardens. Have thought about making one, but have yet to do so. Maybe someday Adelyn and Gramma Rita can make one together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and fun. I see that you are still working away at the crochet alphabet. :) Hope your day is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My touchstone on this subject continues to be Irene Gallo's collected remarks about what art directors look for in a portfolio site. She stipulated the most important features as being the ability to save to or drag to the desktop right from the full image, and full-image previews. This solution only misses the latter.
    mehndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh I love your new fairy garden and would love to have a go at one myself,I hope you can find a tiny fairy to add and sprinkle some magic :) happy week ahead,lots of love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of these - yours is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too cute. I never thought of that..awesome idea...can't wait to see your others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is so cute. I think every front door should have one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that little house is so darn cute, yes a Flintstone house, lol Debi, what an inventive idea. After blogging about my friends little gardens I just know I need to do one too. Oh yes, add some small plants to add to yours and I'm sure Hobby Lobby would have all sorts of little trinkets on a miniature scale to delight you. Wouldn't these make wonderful gifts for a friend or neighbor, or a housewarming gift for someone. And thank you dear friend for mentioning my blog.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)