Tuesday, July 17, 2012

~ baby blankie 5c ~


Finished up this little baby blankie last night - I started the squares a few weeks back when we were at the campground with the boys.  The round granny squares were crocheted with various brands of 4-ply worsted weight acrylics and I used Loops & Threads Impeccable for the flat braid joining.  You can find the link for the flat braid joining on the right sidebar.  I didn't use a particular pattern for the round granny squares - but here are a few links to some of the patterns out there:

http://theroyalsisters.blogspot.com/2010/04/grandma-all-square-tutorial.html

http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2012/02/a-granny-square-with-a-circle-center-tutorial.html

http://www.whereyourheartis.net/en/2010/02/27/circle-granny-squares-howto/

This little blankie measures 26" x 30" and I crocheted it with a 'J' hook.  I like crocheting these types of blankies with all the different colors for the squares - it helps to use up some of those small balls of yarn that always seem to pop up when you're not looking.  And they're a great take-along project - except my problem is always trying to decide how many little balls of yarn to take with me.  Do I take 3, or 4, or 5? - oh heck, I'll take 10 - it's better to be prepared.   

Thanks for dropping by to visit - hope you have a good day.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

29 comments:

  1. Look at those sweet colours! Lovely as useual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours, I love that pattern.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with deciding how many balls of yarns to take on trips. A trip to Michael's is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, you can never have too many balls of yarn Debi.

    Blanket looks gorgeous :)

    Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious blanket! Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debi, it's lovely! Thanks for the links and I LOVE your new photo at the top of your blog. You are so creative. I just can't get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big decision to make about projects to take on a trip and how much yarn to take too. Takes me longer to decide that than what clothes to pack lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colors... have a good day debi

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really cute! I love the different patterns and colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'ts lovely Debi, you turn these lovely blankets out so quickly, do you ever sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debi - This baby blankie is so pretty!!! Thanks so much for giving us the links!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice..I need to make a baby blanket for a special delivery in the next couple of weeks(u need to read my blog for understanding of that statement). Not sure I would get it finished. I really don't care for working with yarn..hmm..oh well..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blanket its beautiful. I had the same problem when I went to camp and ended up bring a huge bag full.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice blanket. The round is fun design and thank you for the pattern links. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your baby blankie, Debi. So colorful and looks so cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet,cute,lovely,and pretty all mixed in together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blanket is lovely. I just recently found Wise Craft and love her site a lot. Did one of the patterns from her granny sampler and made a pillow that I am quite pleased with. Have a great day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. I always take loads of yarn with me when we travel. Just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet blanket! Love the delicate edging on each square. Very nice!

    I love your new blog banner! The little yarn rolls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all so much ladies. I enjoy reading all your lovely comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning and cute at the same time. You did a good job again, Debi!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hola. Te ha quedado preciosa¡¡¡¡
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Elisabeth and Susana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi my sweetheart friend Debi, I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Come and take a look!
    All best wishes..:))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello...me again...I have left you a little something on my blog...check it out when you have a minute...Shari!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hola te ha quedado muy bonita.
    Te sigo.
    manualidadestachuni.blogspot.com.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the mixture of the variegated squares. It makes it 'interesting'. :o) Hope your Monday is a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)