Sunday, October 14, 2012

~ a few things ~


A new board is up for 'Did you make that?' - hop on over an add your link.  Remember - you can add any type of craft that you have created. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Cynthia and Carol of 'TwoLuLa' are hosting a 'Baby Love' link party on their blog.  If you have a favorite baby project, please visit their blog and share your creation in their collection.  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My daughter Erica pinned this crocheted hat and wants me to make her one.  I bought the yarn at Michaels yesterday, so I'll probably start it tonight.  Here's the link to the hat:

 http://crochetingthedayaway.blogspot.com/2011/11/this-hat-is-really-easy-i-am-happy-to.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I've been slowly working on a new baby blankie.  I'm crocheting it with Red Heart Jeweltones and Red Heart Sparkling yarns (both are discontinued yarns that I've been buying on Ebay for the last few years) and it will be like this one - only smaller:

 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Erica is passing along a bunk bed to me for the boys to use when they spend the night.  It will be going in my craft room and in order for that to happen, I am going to have to do a major clean out of my crafty stuff.  I'm definitely not looking forward to that.  It'll be good though - the boys won't have to sleep on the floor any more.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy your day.  :) 
Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. busy! busy! busy!!
    I think your baby blanket will be really nice Debi!!!
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I have made that hat before! Nice and easy! Love the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! A craft room cleanout! I've got one of those to do also, except its in the basement and a whole lot of not craft stuff has piled up there as well. Not to mention the piles upon piles of clean laundry waiting to be folded. I worked full time this past week covering for a teacher at our high school, and, yikes! how things have piled up at home!e Post photos of your cleanout to help inspire me!

    The Baby themed link party at TwoLula (our first venture into this) is off to a start, but a slow one. Would you mind mentioning it? You have many more viewers than we do and it would certainly help! Thanks if you can, and no worries if you can't!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will Cynthia - I added it to the above post. :)

      Delete
  4. You always have some fantastic project going, Debi. I love the blanket and can't wait to see your finished hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alessandra and Gloria. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh my Gosh Mrs. debi ....love the circle blanket....gorgeous....love that one.beautiful colors too.The hat is pretty and very easy to make...I bit It won't take more than an hour to make it.Pretty hat.....I have to make few of them but I have being sick for a week,just came from the doctor ,hopefully be better for tomorrow......asthma again but I have what I need now ,all my medication .....thanks Mrs. Debi and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luna. I hope you feel better soon. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Debi, looks like you have some fun new projects lined up. Thank you for sharing the links. Have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - you have a great day too. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Debi,good luck with clearing the craft room,I'm sure the boys will love the bunk beds :) I love the crochet hat its so pretty...
    Your circle blanket is super.Hope your keeping well?take care love JulieXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debi i just love the circle blanket, I really need to give that a go. Can u believe I have never done a blanket that you have to hook together not even a granny one. Just big grannies. So one day i am actually gonna give it a whirl. I am still working on my craft misc. room they sure are a lot of work. Good luck.
    Take Care
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. It'll feel good to spiff up your craft room to fit the bunk bed. I did that last week and was astounded at everything I have. And still need more! :o) Thank you for your comments Debi. They mean the world to me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That circle blanket is so pretty. I know what a job it can be to clean/organize to make room for something. Good luck with that one, it can be mind-boggling.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sparkles in the yarn. I bet the blankie is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love... love.. love your baby blankie! Many thanks for your comment on my blog! You make me happy! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)