** There is a vast amount of crochet patterns published both in print and on the internet, and although all of my patterns come from my imagination and are written down as I crochet the item, if you believe that any of my patterns resemble someone else's pattern, please email me at dlyrs@juno.com or you can leave me a comment here on my blog. If my pattern was created after the one in question - it will be removed. Thank you. :) **

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

~ hat for Erica ~


I finished up the hat I made for Erica last night.  I had crocheted one with the Bernat Softee chunky, but it came out like a bowl - real stiff and sturdy.  My Vince joked that he could wear it when he rides his motorcycle.  I took that apart and started over with Lion Brand Homespun (I used about 3 oz.) - the color is 'montana sky', and it came out very nice and soft.  I hope she likes it.

The pattern I used is from here:

http://crochetingthedayaway.blogspot.com/2011/11/this-hat-is-really-easy-i-am-happy-to.html

and the flower pattern is from here:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2009/05/embellish-it-senior-challenge.html

Print Friendly and PDF

18 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! I have been wanting to make some hats for Christmas gifts. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hat pattern, have used it several times. Absolutely love that shade of blue, will have to try to find that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is my color . You did s wonderful job on the hat. She will love it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Deby. Te ha quedado precioso el gorro y un color muy bonito.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color, Debi! The Homespun has such a nice, soft feel and is so pretty, but I don't like working with it. Wish I did because it really is pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Looks so nice and soft :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty hat and yarn color. Thanks for sharing the link. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy wearing it. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely Debi, I'm sure she will love it, thank you for the link, maybe another to add to the collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mrs Debi ....niceto see the hat, it came out so pretty,like the color too.Your daughter shoulde be happy.Nice job...happy crocheting !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your hat! I have never used LB Homespun before, after seeing yours I want to give it a try! The color is very cute. Thanks for the links!
    Hugs to you,
    LS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice hat! Lovely Color :) your daughter will surely love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT A GREAT COLOR..YOUR DAUGHTER IS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A TALENTED MOM. I HAVE NEVER USED LB HOMESPUN YARN BEFORE...I HAVE SEEN IT BUT I ALWAYS SEEM TO STICK WITH COTTON. HAVE A GREAT DAY, SHARI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour!!! It's gorgeous. You've made a great job of it. I haven't had a go at a hat yet. I must try for this winter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)