Wednesday, December 12, 2012

~ another TMNT baby hat ~


Here's another baby TMNT hat - this one is Raphael.  For the eyes I sewed on little black buttons on top of the white buttons.  I like them better.

*** Today is 12-12-12 and I am posting this at 12:12 pm.  I hope everyone is having a good day.  :)




Pattern for TMNT baby hat:

Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic
  - green
  - mask color
- J hook
- two 3/4" white buttons
- two 5/16" black buttons
- thread to sew buttons
- glue

Size: 6" x 7" 

Notes:  
- I crochet tight, so you may need to adjust the size of your crochet hook.
- the ch 2 at the beginning of rnds does not count as a stitch

Directions:
Rnd 1:  With green ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around.  Join as before.

Rnd 3:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next dc.  * 2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 4:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next 2 dc.  * 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnds 5 - 8:  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  End off green.

Rnd 9:  Join mask color with a sl st in 1st dc.  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.

Rnds 10 - 11:  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  End off mask color.

Rnd 12:  Join green with a sl st in 1st dc.  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.

Rnd 13:  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before. 

Rnd 14:  Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc in each dc around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.

* glue white buttons to mask
* glue black buttons to white buttons (match up the sewing holes)
* sew buttons on hat with black thread

***Debi Y's version***

Print Friendly and PDF

28 comments:

  1. This one looks very good!
    It's amazing how something rather simple is recognizable as a cartoonfigure. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! But, please forgive my ignorance - what is TMNT?

    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Lou. TMNT stands for 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' - it's a kids cartoon. :)

      Delete
  3. The hat is very cute and I use to love watching that cartoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black buttons do help make the eyes more defined. Good Job! And Debi, I want to thank you for offering to send me some of you scrap yarn to finish my scrappy granny square blanket. As it turned out I had enough yarn and got it finished. Your offer was appreciated and did not go unnoticed. Thanks sweetie!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I am going to stop what I'm doing and make one for my 30 year old son for Christmas! Now I have to remember which one he liked! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that hat is soo cute! Right now I'm struggling with a R2D2 hat, that a friend asked me to make for her son for Christmas - I so wished this boy would rather like TMNT than Star Wars!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Debi - I should have known that - they have been around for quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Debi, for your sweet comment. Belated Happy Birthday to you too:)Best wishes, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you do them for charity? Homeless?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for all your nice comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. debi, i'm looking for a free pattern for a wine bottle cozy, easy to whip up. any ideas? it can be DC straight up and down or something, easy. just one for my mom. any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niki. Here's a pattern for one:

      http://offthehookastronomy.blogspot.com/2011/12/wine-bottle-cozy-pattern.html

      Delete
  12. Another great project Debi... Its a cute hat for sure.. Hope you had a great 12.12.12.. also :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Mrs. Debi....this is a beautiful beanie...it's reminding me my son,when he was little he used to love Ninja Turtles and also collected them .....it was a wonderful time .....Good job!
    Have a joyful weekend. :0)

    Xo,Xo,Xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where can I get a pattern for TMNT hat please? Barbara Spencer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. I'll try to get the pattern on here in a few days. :)

      Delete
  15. Hi Debie, I just discovered your site and I love the two Ninja baby hats you posted. i was just wondering why one pattern stated: 12 dc in third chain from hook and the second Ninja hat said: 11 dc in third chain from hook. Will be waiting for your reply, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannelore. The different dc counts for the 1st rounds has to do with the sizing of the hats. I found that if I started with 12 dc for my grandson's hat, it would end up too big around for his head - so I switched it to 11 dc. :)

      Delete
    2. Forgot to mention - only this hat is a baby hat - the other hat fits my 6 yr. old grandson. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Debi for yor speedy reply, do you prefer dc to hdc on most of your hats? and what is the difference?

      Delete
    4. You're welcome. Yes I prefer the dc stitch - they are just a little longer than the hdc stitch. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)