Thursday, January 10, 2013

~ it's a yarn bowl now ~


My friend from work gave this flower pot to me for my birthday a few years back.  In it was a pretty plant that was potted in one of those plastic pots they usually come in.

Well anyway - I've been wanting to get myself one of those yarn bowls for the longest time, but I just couldn't justify the expense.  And it's a good thing I didn't.  This flower pot works perfectly as a yarn bowl.  

 
The flower pot is 4 1/2" tall and the ball of yarn in it weighs 3 oz.  :) 
Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Great idea.. I wil have to go on the hunt now LOL ..
    Thanks for stopping by today,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You are just so clever, Debi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought a yarn bowl from a friend of mine, and i love it...great idea to re-invent the use of the flower pot...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever! You have such great ideas on how to reuse everyday items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea!:) this gave me an idea that we can also use cardboard boxes, punch holes in it and decorate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Preeti. Be sure to post about it if you make one. :)

      Delete
  6. What a great idea, Debi!
    Wish you a wonderful weekend and send you many greetings,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's perfect! I always roll my yarn into balls and they are often rolling all over the place. Wishing you a fabulous Friday! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Now I wish I had a pot like that to use as a yarn bowl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous! :D
    I've been looking at such bowls too - there's loads of them on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ....mine is a candu plastic conteiner....only for some yarn spool but now I can see what else I can use.....this is great.Love it.good idea.have a nice weekend. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)