Saturday, March 2, 2013

~ a couple things ~

Yesterday I went to 'Rugged Wearhouse' to find a new blouse, and as I was searching through the clearance section, I came across this cute little summer dress topper.


Can you believe I only paid $7.00 for this?  I think the thread to crochet it cost more than that.  What a shame. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My daughter Erica requested a headband with a flower - so I got busy and crocheted this:
(Missy never looks too happy.)
It's kind of hard to take a picture of dark, dark grey, but I hope you can see the flower.  Speaking of which - I got the pattern for the flower from here:
I didn't add a button to the flower because Erica is not a button frill type of person.

For headband:
- approximately 2 oz. worsted weight acrylic
- J hook

Size:  4" wide

Directions:
Row 1:  Ch 14, (sc, dc) in the 2nd ch from hook.  *skip next ch, (sc, dc) in next ch.  Repeat from * across.  Turn.

Row 2:  Skip the 1st dc, (sc, dc) in next sc.  *skip next dc, (sc, dc) in next sc.  Repeat from * across.  Turn.

Repeat Row 2 until piece fits around head.  I crocheted mine until it was 20" long.  End off.

Hold both ends together and slip stitch closed.

Have a good day - and thanks again for dropping by.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

18 comments:

  1. i want the mannequin...have been looking in thrift stores but haven't found any...
    LOVE the top and the headband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too. My sister Teri gave her to me a little while ago - she got her from a friend that works in a department store. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Debi I like the shrug and the hat that you made:) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SB - you have a great weekend too. :)

      Delete
  3. What a find! Great topper for $7--can't go wrong there! And I like the headband, too. Nice neutral color for a variety of matches. =)

    Speaking of inexpensive crocheted items... We saw some doilies for 50 cents at Michaels today. I felt like I ought to buy them out of support for those that worked so hard on it! I mean, really... 50 cents! Of course hubby immediately pointed out they aren't the quality that I could make (what a dear!), but I still know someone had to crochet that... Sorry to spout off--this is your blog! not mine. ;-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that too. When I go to the thrift store and see all the crochet items that are so cheap - I want to buy them all. :)

      Delete
  4. It is pretty , I always want to make one of them but never pick the time....but they are cute...I have seeing a lot of women wearing them ,the short ones and long ones...wow..very affordable...sad that some people don't appreciate a hand made project or piece of work.
    You had a great deal.Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome thrifty find. I love those!

    Headband is really great. The color will go with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi dear, I bet you were tickled pink to find that darling crocheted top. What a pretty find and how lucky was that. I have been once again playing catch-up reading your past several posts. You have been busy dear friend. I have been busy too, cleaning a bit....yeah, now doesn't that sound like fun!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debi, what a pretty topper and what a find! The headband is beautiful. Beautiful work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure did had a nice deal with that top! Pretty headband :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Rugged Warehouse! It is one of my favorite stores. Your hat is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. I hope ya'll have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find! I read previous posts and had a good laugh about the "BLT"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new dress topper is so pretty! What a great find. Love the hat, too! Btw, thank you for pinning me. I saw that just a bit ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also think that the price is too low for a hand made blouse.IT looks so beautiful!
    That hair band came our nicely, I like that big flower on it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interested??? ME???? YES!!!! I agree that sometimes beautiful handmade things are priced down too low but if it means you got it for a song then of course you will wear it with pride, right? You, above all, appreciated it's value.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)