Tuesday, April 2, 2013

~ Two on Tuesday ~


Two things that have made me smile:

*  My bloggy friend Susanne from 'Forget Me Not'.  She remembered seeing a picture of my cow decorated kitchen on my blog, and emailed me to ask me if I would like to have some decorative cow plates that she had stored away.  She's such a sweetheart to think of me.  I received the plates in the mail yesterday and they are so nice.  They're from the Franklin Mint - The American Folk Art Collection - Country Journeys.

Please stop by and say 'hi' to Susanne - she's been going through a real rough, sad time and could use a little extra love.

(sorry about the horrendous flash on the bottom plate)

*  I cleaned up our front porch yesterday to get ready for the nice weather.  Got rid of the old plastic chairs that have seen better days and added a new bird feeder.  Also got rid of old, broken flower pots and decorations.  Out with the old stuff so I can go to the Dollar Store to get some new stuff.  :)

Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. http://skootsonemom.blogspot.com/2013/04/me-too-on-tuesday.html
    love that bird feeder
    I had a couple of things make me happy today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that is so sweet from Mrs Sussanne ....plates are so cute,I use to have a set like that but with apples.....I like them,very nice.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bird feeder! I may have to make a trip to the dollar store soon myself to look at the cups and saucers. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those plates are very pretty. How sweet of her to send them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet of her and when you spread the love and happiness, you sure do deserve from your friends:)
    We need so many things around the house to run it, isn't it? I guess we use only 40% of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful plates and from such a thoughtful person. I love the bird feeder. I've been thinking of making something similar for a while. You're just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debi, I popped over to Susanne to leave her a message and read that you too have lost loved ones recently. I'm so sorry to hear that. I had some trouble last year (not as bad as yours) and have been lying low for a while so have missed some things. That's why I have a new blog, I wanted a fresh start. Hope you are ok and thank you for your lovely message. Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. My oldest sister Teri passed away on Dec. 13th, a long time family friend passed away on Jan. 12th, and my mother-in-law passed away on Jan. 31st. It was a really bad couple of months. I hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  8. Hi Debi, I'm a first time visitor to your blog and I dropped by Sussane's blog and have left her a message. I know it's very difficult to live without our loved ones. I lost my grandfather a month back and I know how it feels. But as Sussane(also my grandfather used to say) says, live goes on. Take good care of yourself.
    And I loved your bird feeder. I'm going to have one too in my house :-)
    Please do have a look at my blog when you find sometime. I don't have as many finished projects as you.
    Love,
    Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Ranjitha - it's nice to meet you. :)

      Delete
  9. Hola, es muy bonita la pulsera y gracias por el tutorial.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi I am so glad the plates made it there all in one piece and so glad you like them. I am sure you will find a good spot to display and enjoy them. Hope all is well with you. Take care.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet the plates made your day Debi, so beautiful.
    Hope all is well with you,
    Warming up here in the UK 'a little'.
    Have a nice weekend
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)