Tuesday, April 9, 2013

~ Two on Tuesday ~


Two things that make me smile:

I've thought about this and I always come back to the same things - the every day good things that I enjoy every single day.

*  my dogs Tex and Ladybug.  Look at them - not a care in the world.  Wouldn't it be nice to just lay down in the sun and not worry about anything?

 (optical illusion going on here - Ladybug is a little less than half the size of Tex)

*  my house plants.  I love working with them.  Watering, clipping, dusting, and re-potting them into pretty pots.  I bought an African violet from Lowes on Saturday - I cut it in half and re-potted one half in the double coffee cup pot that's on the bowling pin table for me and the other half is in a pretty blue and white print pot for my Mom.  




* a bonus smile for me - I had to go to the grocery store yesterday, and as I'm driving down the road, I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something.  I check for my purse, my shoes (sometimes I've tried to leave the house wearing slippers), my make-up, and yes, even my t-shirt and jeans.  I finally realize what I'm missing - my coat!  We went straight from cold coat weather to hot t-shirt weather.  Crazy.  I love it - but it's crazy.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. I am loving this warm weather. Looks like I am not alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the dog's life? I too love this nice sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a couple of happy little doggies there. :)

    I am loving the warm weather too! It is oh so welcome up here in NE Ohio where it is not uncommon to still see an occasional snowflake or two this time of year.

    P.S. I love that watermelon plant stand. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debi - You always have beautiful Tuesday thoughts and pictures!
    And your weather seems to be like ours in Cincinnati!

    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Debi!
    Your little dogs seem so careless, indeed, but it is what they bring to our life, a little relief from daily problems, when we look at them :)
    I liked your flowers, I do fancy growing plants too.
    Have a nice day!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, THAT'S the life for sure, Debi! Love the photo of your dogs; and I've been wanting to pick up a new african violet or two myself, sometime soon. All your plants look beautiful, and I got a kick out of the bowling pin table!! That watermelon painted pot is sweet too!... The weather 'round here has been up and down like a yo-yo, but every bit of snow is finally gone.. not a trace of it to be found. You never know for sure, here in "the great northeast", but I DO think Spring is finally here! We love it too!... Enjoy your day! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)